Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you tell your Tween NO?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:02 AM
  • 14 Replies

Do they sneak behind your back to ask their dad. Oh yes and it pisses me off. But my word stands!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof3inTN
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:10 AM

All of my kids do that, not just my tween. However, not one of them has learned to do it out of earshot of the other parent. So they'll come to me and ask something (with my DH in hearing range) and I'll say no. Then they go to their dad and aske the same thing and he says "um, didn't you just ask your mother this exact same thing and she told you no? The answer is still no."

SuperMomtoChloe
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:57 AM

That is one benefit of being divorced my decision is the end of the road

Wyldbutterfly
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:23 AM

She tries to. However after going through this with out first child, we have since learned to ask us both. If one says no the other says no.

They are not allowed to play boths sides of the fence. If this is allowed, believe me it causes even bigger trouble down the road.

Momof5Teens67
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:55 AM

They tried that a few times but got in trouble and had consequences for even trying it every time so they stopped doing it.

mumsy2three
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:04 PM

No. Our oldest did that one time and my hubby told her yes when I had told her no. I was so angry and discussed the situation with my hubby and we decided from that point on we would always be a united front. We don't give our kids an answer until we check with one another to make sure they haven't already gotten an answer.

shell81
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:29 PM

They have but they get into so much trouble when they do that so they have learned they better not lol

~Shell~
Group Owner Of - Moms With Blended Families 
Group Owner Of - 
Tween Titans
Group Admin To - CafeMom Group Resource Center

MrsBLB
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Mine only tried a couple of times.  They learned quickly it did not benefit them.  

momto3infl
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:39 PM

sometimes they dont sneak and do it-but hubby knows they do it-sometimes they go to him first and then come to me.  But it is always the same of NO-then they are ok about it.

emilyrosenj
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Yes and usually hubby and I have talked so we are  on the same page,

DalesLgndLvsOn3
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 6:53 AM

No, we made it clear to her since she was a toddler that doing that would get her into BIG trouble.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)