Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

When do they STOP believing in Santa?

Posted by   + Show Post
My son (he'll be 10 on Sunday, 10/21) just handed me his "Christmas list".  I read it and almost fell out of my chair!!

He has items numbered 1-18.   15 of those items cost over $100 each (think computer, ATV, PSP).   His list costs over $3000 (which is more than my mortgage!)!!!   I told him that he needed to remove some of the items from the list because he wasn't going to get everything.  He comes back with 3 items crossed off....the 3 cheapest things!

I don't want to ruin it for him by telling him that Santa is not real, but I can't afford this list.  When I tell him that he can't have everything, he asks why, since Santa gets it anyway.

When did your tweens stop believing?
by on Oct. 19, 2007 at 5:09 PM
Replies (51-52):
momof3398
by on Oct. 29, 2007 at 2:07 PM
My 12yr old girl stopped about 2yrs ago but always played along with the whole santa theory for her younger sister and brother so. that was nice but now i dont think my 10yr old daughter believes in santa but still plays along for her brothers sake who is 6 but the other day my son tells my hubby and I that santa is not real anyways that he is just a guy in a suit but that he beleives the elves are real. So we told him that santa is real and that he lives so far away and has so many things to do and places to go that he has santa helpers that dress up and go to all the malls and take pictures so the real santa can take care of what he needs to do at the north pole so that he can get all the presents out in time for all the good little boys and girls at christmas. I know some of you might say that is jsut mean that i shouldn't lie to my kid but hey hes my baby and only 6 i would like to get a few more yrs of believing out of him. And plus if he know that i'm santa then the list of gifts will get higher priced and i just cant take that
Dannys_mom_96
by on Oct. 29, 2007 at 8:44 PM
My son is 11 but he asked me last year if there was a Santa and I asked him if he thought there was a Santa. His reply was "Yes I do" I go "then there's your answer. Santa exists as long as you believe in him." He hasn't questioned it since
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN