Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Friends Grandma's Funeral?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 6:23 PM
  • 4 Replies
This is a what would you do question.

Here's the scenario. My daughters good friend from last year (3rd grade) Grandmother died. Now Kyla has played soccer with the girl for 4 years, and has gone to school with her since kindergarten. Last year they were best friends but not so close anymore, but they do still talk. Kyla went to the grandmas a few times for play dates and the Grandma was always the one to take her to soccer games and practice. Also the Grandma picked up and dropped my Kyla from a play-date once.
Kyla knows Grandma Sandi passed away and she feels bad for her friend. Services are on Monday and I offered to take Kyla if she wants to go but she isn't sure yet. Should I make her go? Another parent from the soccer team is going and I think taking his daughter with him. What would you do?
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momoftwins96
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 6:25 PM
I dont think that you should make her go. I would let her decide but regardless if she goes or not have your daughter make a card for her friend this will mean a lot to her. My daughter did this for a friend of hers whos mom died in an accident and the girl really appreicieted it.
wendy1466
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 6:35 PM
 If she wants to go, take her otherwise send a card and don't force her!
bmbqueenbee
by on Oct. 20, 2007 at 7:55 PM
I think you should encourage her to go for her friends sake. This is how we learn how to empathize, and be compassionate.
maryzierhut
by on Oct. 29, 2007 at 5:37 PM
I totally agree with encouraging her to go.  Not only will it be to support her friend, but paying respect to the family that she spends time with.  Find out the religion and prepare her for the funeral process so it doesn't  freak her out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN