Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

out of control tween

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2007 at 6:33 PM
  • 3 Replies
i have an out of control tween i feel at times she wears the pants in our family she does not want to hear the word no she hollars screams she is ok as long as everything is going her way but if one thing doesn't she loses it
by on Apr. 17, 2007 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sahlady
by on Apr. 17, 2007 at 7:37 PM
Screams??  How old is she?  I know that when they hit the tweens they start to get difficult, but to be honest a tween that throws a tantrum does worry me.  Do you think that you are not strict enough, or do you think she may have an issue that needs to be addressed?
lessercraft
by on Apr. 17, 2007 at 11:18 PM
i concur! this should be nipped in the bud asap-- rough seas ahead otherwise in the teen years. If she is screaming because she isnt getting her way, let her scream. but stick to your guns and dont give in, no matter what!
Petesdragon
by on Apr. 18, 2007 at 12:50 PM
I see the same behavior in my 10 & 12 yr olds.  Not the screaming, well sometimes, but mostly stomping off and slamming doors.  They seem to think they should be able to do what they want when they want and who are we, (just the parents) to tell them what is up.  My 12 yr old has threatened to call 911 on several occassions.  I usually tell him to go ahead.  I'm told this behavior will pass, but not soon enough.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)