Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gift idea for 11 y.o boy or girl-Please help!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM
  • 16 Replies

My daughter is doing a gift exchange in her class. She needs to bring in a $10 gift that both a boy and girl would like.  I am stumped! Does anyone have any ideas?  thanks !

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperLooneyMom
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:55 AM
My 10 yr son bought a bakugan set from walmart last night. Also for my dd she is doing a girl scout exchange and found a dog in a purse for $10 also at walmart. Gift cards for stores kids like is a general idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwinSoccerMom
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:20 PM

That is a tough one.  At this age they really have very different tastes.  What about one of the Wimpy Kid books?  Or an iTunes gift card or gift card to Target or another store?  Or maybe movie passes?

Wyldbutterfly
by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I say go with a gift certificate. One can not go wrong with those.

sarebear31976
by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 10:31 AM

movie tickets

cruiser4
by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 12:49 PM

I will probably end up getting a gift card unless I can find a decent game for $10. Thanks for the ideas!

Wyldbutterfly
by on Dec. 12, 2010 at 7:30 AM

Quoting cruiser4:

I will probably end up getting a gift card unless I can find a decent game for $10. Thanks for the ideas!

Sorry I wasn't of much help,  but it's hard when the gift is not gender specific. Trying to buy a gift for 10 dollars is hard enough, add no gender to the mix and it's a heck of a lot tougher.

Lilmommy2six
by on Dec. 12, 2010 at 8:51 AM

That's hard because boys and girls like different things. I would go with a gift certificate.

Diana, Proud Girlfriend of an Officer

bleumonster
by on Dec. 12, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Gift cards!! Kids love them. Maybe a $10 gift card to a fast food restaurant or even Walmart.

SuperLooneyMom
by on Dec. 13, 2010 at 10:37 PM
I work at cvs and found a few new things for about $10
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jns131
by on Dec. 14, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Go to Overstock.com and get an IPOD Nano arm band for $5. Free shipping too. Got a lot of great ideas there for under 10 and free shipping too. They ship fast. Otherwise, check out Wal Mart. They have a 10 section and so does Target. Good luck. I am done with Xmas thanks to Overstock.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)