Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

okay so i was thinking this

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 11:13 PM
  • 11 Replies
my 10 year old daughter is kinda down on herself and we are brain storming on things for her for xmas and came up with this i wanted to know if im way off or im thinking she is more like 16 lol..

makeup like powder very light eye shadow and lip gloss

bath and body works lotions and body wash

some face cleansing clothes, pads, pantyliners, deoderant, stuff like that

she been wanting like these shoes that have knda heels on them

and some like fitness stuff like weights, jumprope, and some videos

to young or good ideas??

~~~~~~LeeAnn~~~~~~
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoftwins96
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 11:16 PM
The makeup is ok but not to wear to school at this age. I would hold off on the panty liners this would not really make the best stocking stuffer at this point. lol My daughter loves bath and body stuff you can always get her a gift card to Bath and Body works and let her pick some stuff out.
ambam23_3
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 11:17 PM

I would do that for my DD.. my 6yr old loves that bath and body stuff...
anotherjen
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 11:22 PM
I think the bath and body stuff is a fantastic idea.  but personally never liked the make up / high heel thing for young girls.  maybe i would trade that idea with a bedazzler stud and rhinestone setter so she can pretty up her favorite things. 

~ Jenny
http://www.sewdarnbusy.com
mom2threeGirlys
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 11:24 PM
hey crafts never thought of that she loves doing crafts and things...omg your a sweetheart!!!
Quoting anotherjen:

I think the bath and body stuff is a fantastic idea.  but personally never liked the make up / high heel thing for young girls.  maybe i would trade that idea with a bedazzler stud and rhinestone setter so she can pretty up her favorite things. 

~ Jenny
http://www.sewdarnbusy.com

~~~~~~LeeAnn~~~~~~
Brookers528
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 11:29 PM
Bath and Body Works is always good. They have a line called American Girl that is pretty much geared toward tweens. It's not highly scented, and it's kid-friendly. The makeup thing is okay, but if you buy it, she may want to wear it to school, and you'll have another fight on your hands because she will want to apply it herself, and it won't be pretty! If you're talking about high heels, you may be looking at a broken ankle, but if you mean a low stacked heel, that's prpbably fine. My fifth grader wears them & hasn't broken a bone yet, & I'm sure the style you're thinking is kid appropriate. However, I would not go with the exercise stuff, unless it's  "Get In Shape Girl" brand. Truth be told, tween girls are preprogrammed to be overly sensitive about their appearance. Would she take getting weights or workout videos as a critique? Most girls that age probably would. It's such a sensitive area, not something you want to push. I definitely wouldn't recommend anything too appearance related, like the exercise equioment, face wash stuff, deodorant. Tackle those things gently as the need arises, not beforehand. Then it becomes a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. Give her things to make her feel more confident, not things that will make her wonder, "Do I stink? Do I have zits? Am I fat?" We females start to think that too soon as it is! LOL!
swnzmom
by on Oct. 28, 2007 at 11:33 PM

I wouldn't do the pantyliners & pads.  I would throw the face cleanser & make up in her stocking.  How about a girl spa day(even if it's at home just the 2 of you)?  Is there something really special that she would like?  I wouldn't do the workout gear if she's down on herself unless she's asking for them.  I love the idea of the gift card to bath & body works. 

The reason I say that is because my daughter is going to be 12 in Dec. & she is very hard on herself.  She's not so tall, overweight & not much of a student.  It's very hard on us parents.  We want to help, but sometimes when we do help.....it winds up hurting our kids.  They always seem to see things not as they are intended.

mom2threeGirlys
by on Oct. 29, 2007 at 12:03 AM
yeah you described my daughter to the t she is short and overweight i mean very over weight its hard since she does live with her dad and he does not seem to think anything is wrong with her...
Quoting swnzmom:

I wouldn't do the pantyliners & pads.  I would throw the face cleanser & make up in her stocking.  How about a girl spa day(even if it's at home just the 2 of you)?  Is there something really special that she would like?  I wouldn't do the workout gear if she's down on herself unless she's asking for them.  I love the idea of the gift card to bath & body works. 

The reason I say that is because my daughter is going to be 12 in Dec. & she is very hard on herself.  She's not so tall, overweight & not much of a student.  It's very hard on us parents.  We want to help, but sometimes when we do help.....it winds up hurting our kids.  They always seem to see things not as they are intended.

~~~~~~LeeAnn~~~~~~
cheerioprincess
by on Oct. 29, 2007 at 12:09 AM
I have a 10 y/o daughter as well. Some of the things we have bought her are nail polish (actually a manicure set) a really nice diary and special pens for it, art kits (knitting, sand art and chocolate making.YUM) and her own silicone pans for the kitchen. She loves to bake so we are always trying to encourage her "special talent" We also got her a day at Libbey Lou. I dont know if they have them in your area but its like a spa day for tweens. They do hair and appropriate make up and then have a party with the girls.
I hope this helps.

Celebrate the Season!
~Your Cheerioprincess~

kidos
by on Oct. 29, 2007 at 11:31 AM
i think they are all good ideas the make up is fun and excessive you don't have to get crazy colors or anything there's lots of cute stuff for 10 year olds ...I'm getting my 16 and 13 year olds there own hair straighter and hair stuff ..make up and probley gift cards this year they are very hard to shop for.. my boys will probley get guitar hero and some games ..and my 8 year old wants barbies ofcose and my 5 year old is getting something he cant brake right away ...
luvbeinhermom
by on Oct. 29, 2007 at 11:41 AM
wow, there are so many great ideas!
I did the same for my daughter when was 9/10.  Instead of make up we got her sparkly lotions and body sprays. We got her little purses and back packs to carry her stuff in. 
To this day she will wear sparkle lotion and she loves perfumes.
And like one of the mom's mentioned - encourage her to work with her talents; if she likes to draw or color get her some glitter pens, and other bright colors to draw and write with. . . .
Good Luck and Best Wishes to you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)