Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interesting parenting advice forum for tweens/teens

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:09 PM
  • 6 Replies

I saw a link about this website on msn today and I thought Id share in case anyone was interested. 

http://www.radicalparenting.com/

Supposedly its about other teens giving advice on how to handle your own teens. 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
chenra
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:06 PM

AWESOME!!  Thanks for sharing!  :o)

lucky11mom
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:29 AM
thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Honestly my best adivce for raising teens is to remember that you were a teen once and remember what you did or how you thought back then. It's important to try and think on the level of a teenager when dealing with your teens. It's hard I know because we are adults, but I swear it helps.

Andl2ea
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Honestly my best adivce for raising teens is to remember that you were a teen once and remember what you did or how you thought back then. It's important to try and think on the level of a teenager when dealing with your teens. It's hard I know because we are adults, but I swear it helps.

I think thats a good rule to go by.  There are alot more issues with teens these days it seems then I was a kid though.  Its hard for me to get back to the teen mentality when dealing with my sons.  They get into alot of trouble so I guess my anger and frustration tends to overcome my thinking. 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Barabell
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Thanks!

Wyldbutterfly
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Quoting Andl2ea:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

I think thats a good rule to go by.  There are alot more issues with teens these days it seems then I was a kid though.  Its hard for me to get back to the teen mentality when dealing with my sons.  They get into alot of trouble so I guess my anger and frustration tends to overcome my thinking. 

You are not alone. I have this problem as well. This is when I walk away. I have to walk away to gather myself before I can address them rationally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)