Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

End of school year celebration?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do any of you do anything special as an end of year celebration?  A big party?  A special dinner?  Something like going for ice cream? 

How do you celebrate your child's successful finish of a school year?

dancing

by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
itsallabtthem84
by on May. 22, 2011 at 6:55 AM

We don't do anything yet, but I am hoping we can this year as my husband has a better job right now.

itsallabtthem84
by on May. 22, 2011 at 6:56 AM

Oh and going for ice cream sounds great!

KTMOM
by on May. 22, 2011 at 9:28 AM

My son is graduating fifth grade this year and wants to do a party with some of his friends. I am thinking of talking to some of hte other moms and us all going out for dinner at Mellow Mushroom to celebrate,  and then ice cream after. :)

our3
by on May. 22, 2011 at 9:43 AM

We dont do anything.

Zamaria
by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:41 AM
We go to the lake at a nearby state park. We take a picnic lunch, let the kids swim and play, then sometimes use the grills for supper, or get pizza. It's only 4$ per car to get in, and the kids love it! We camp for a night if it's not too hot. They have cabins you can rent, but they're a little expensive. Hoping we can rent one later this summer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rogue35
by on May. 22, 2011 at 3:20 PM

I have my Twins graduating high school this year.  I am planning a dinner and will be ordering a cake.  The other kids I don't have anything planned for.

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2011 at 3:32 PM

We'll probably go to Cold Stone after school on the last day, just to celebrate.  But they will have plenty of celebrations going on at school as well.... my 13 year old has a last field trip (her class is biking downtown to eat at a restaurant together and then biking back to school), plus they have the all-school picnic, water balloon fight, etc.  

auroragold
by on May. 22, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Quoting Rogue35:

I have my Twins graduating high school this year.  I am planning a dinner and will be ordering a cake.  The other kids I don't have anything planned for.

EXCITING times!!

Auroragold

"We are crew, not passengers."  Kurt Hahn

Barabell
by on May. 22, 2011 at 5:33 PM

My son's school does a field day during the last week of school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)