• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What amusement park rides freak you out?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:21 AM
  • 17 Replies

It's summertime!  Time for amusement park trips and days spent at local carnivals!  I always love conversations about what rides people LOVE and what rides freak them out!  For example, I will ride just about anything...but I do NOT do rides that go upside down and I do NOT let my kids go in the fun house type things.

What about you?  What rides are a yes, and what rides are a NO WAY for you?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ibelongtojesus
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Swings freak me out.  SInce I was a kid and a chain broke on one and decapitated a kid on it.  Also any ride that has deep water or puts you underwater, i can't swim.  But I am fine with rollar coasters and any other ride.

KTMOM
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:03 AM

I am not a huge fan of the ones that go upside down,  but if they have other good things I might do it anway.

Wyldbutterfly
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:13 AM
I can't ride anything that spins. I get way to sick.
itsallabtthem84
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Nothing that goes up really high, upside down or goes really fast does not work for me. 

shell81
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:44 AM

I HATE heights so that answers your ? LOL

Zamaria
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:51 AM
They have this ride at a nearby amusement park called the spider. I can't ride it. It's got cabs that spin in circles, while eight "legs" that the cabs are attached to go up and down in circles. I got stuck upside down up in the air on it one time and felt like I was falling out and I have hated it ever since. I tried it two separate times after that, thinking I'd gotten over it, but nope. Still scared. I'll ride anything except that one ride. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bturp
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:55 AM
I LOVE roller coasters!!!! Water rides terrify me. Put me in a lazy river and I am fine all day. Water is sooo powerful. I am not fond of rides that spin. I get headaches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rogue35
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:12 AM

roller coasters are not my favorite.

psych_mom
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:40 PM

The ones where your feet are dangling out of them. I refuse to get on any at all.

psych_mom
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:42 PM

I hate spinning rides as well. I feel sick within the first 5 seconds.

Quoting bturp:

I LOVE roller coasters!!!! Water rides terrify me. Put me in a lazy river and I am fine all day. Water is sooo powerful. I am not fond of rides that spin. I get headaches.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)