Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bumps/bruises/scrapes... OUCH!!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:21 PM
  • 10 Replies

What is the latest accident/injury your child(ren) has sustained? 

Are your kids accident prone?

Do they bounce back easily and get back to playing or cry and milk it for all it's worth? 

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KTMOM
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:25 PM

My son was playing with the dogs last night and ran right into the corner in the living room with his knee.  Split it right open and scraped a bunch of skin off.  OUCH!!  He was like "owwwww!" and I was busy making popcorn to eat with our movie so I just went about my business and told him to get a bandaid.  Well,  I get the popcorn all ready and tell my son to hurry up and get upstairs and he says " I think I need some help".....  so I go in the bathroom and he is sitting there trying to stop the bleeding with toilet paper and WHAT A MESS!!  If it were me, I bet *I* would have been crying,  but he was just sitting there cool as a cucumber. haha.  So I get him cleaned up and a bandaid put on and we go watch the movie.  My husband,  the big doof says "don't let him bleed on stuff".  I said how about offering a "sorry you hurt yourself, buddy" and he said that is not how he "rolls".  Well,  looks like my son will be a tough guy like his daddy.  haha 

And thankfully he has not been accident prone thus far,  no stitches or broken bones....... yet.

drdevault
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM

MY sons are 6 and almost 2, my 6 year old has had 4 stitches, 3 staples and probably should have gotten 1 more another time but I didn't want to put him through all of that for 1 staple. All in his head, the staples in the back and the stitches in his forehead.
My 2 year old got 5 stitches in his forehead about 2 months ago because he tripped over his own 2 feet and hit the corner of our round wooden coffee table. I thought round and wood would be a safer option, I guess not.  He is accident prone, always a bruise or scrape somewhere.

natesmom1228
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:13 PM

He fell while playing hockey with his friends and tore up his elbow. That was last week. That was the first casualty of the year.

Zamaria
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:04 PM
My kids are clumsy every time they have a growth spurt. My 12 year old will gasp and moan over anything until someone asks if he's ok. I've started just telling him "you're fine." as soon an he does something. His last accident was Tuesday, tripping over his feet and falling flat on his back. He scraped his elbow on the corner of a step. My 4 year old laughs it off unless it's serious. He ran into a chair and gave himself a black eye last night. He laughed. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM

I'm unsure to be honest...

bellasmom32510
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:12 PM
My SD used to milk it! It could be a scratch she got yesterday - no blood and she will come to me today and ask for a band aid?! She has gotten better when she did soccer because she HAD to get up and brush it off unless it was a really bad injury, which didn't happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:26 PM

My 10 year old is injury free at the moment, but he is the drama king in the family.  He will milk a paper cut for all it is worth. 

My 7 year old has a good case of road rash on his left arm from wrist to elbow, his left side, and his left knee and part of his lower left leg all from falling off his bike last weekend.  He cried a little while I was cleaning him up, but after a few band aids he was off and riding the bike again.

itsallabtthem84
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:20 PM

My 3 yr old decided she was going to swing the bathroom stool and it hit my 23 month old right in the eye. Now she has this nasty looking black eye with a huge bruise on her check to go with it. 

shell81
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:48 AM

The last one my kids were in back on our hill in the woods and middle son decided to roll rocks BIG ones down the hill and one hit my youngest one in the nose / side of his face. Middle son came running in That Brian was dying:( and there was blood everywhere. Poor kid was freaking out / crying worse than Brian lol. So I ended up taking him to the ER just to make sure his insides were ok cause they said the rock was huge and showed me w their hands.. He was fine:)

~Shell~
Group Mod In Tween Titans  ~ Moms With Teens The Park Bench

Barabell
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 9:58 PM

My son is not very accident prone, especially for how active he is. The last bruise he had was from a Frisbee that hit him in the shin while playing Ultimate Frisbee at recess with his classmates.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)