Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do for a 12 yr. old girl's birthday.......any ideas???? *** UPDATE IN PURPLE***

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:11 PM
  • 16 Replies

Tomorrow, my oldest turns 12. As of right now, I am going to take her, her sister & a few friends to the park or something. Her Daddy is going to BarBQue at home, where we will also do the cake & ice cream deal. Even though, I'm praying for a nice day, it's supposed to rain tomorrow!!! Not quite sure what to do with the girls indoors. Any ideas will be a big help. Thank you Ladies!! What do 12 yr. old girls do now days?? They are NOTHING like I was at that age....THANK GOD!!!!! LOL

***UPDATE***

Well thank you for all of your ideas Ladies!!! :) It didn't rain, but there was a heat advisory, so that limited things also. What she ended up doing was---2 of her bestest friends came over. They were able to go over to the playground & hang out for a few hours. Then they went up to her room & did eachother's nails, make-up, etc....of course they had the music, their cell phones, cameras & a bunch of new posters of Justin Bieber!!! They were having a ball up there dancing around & being silly in front of the camera. LOL My baby girl racked up the $$$$$. I told everyone to give her cash instead of presents. Then in the near future, I will take her & her sister on a little shopping spree. Have a girls only day. She told me & her Dad that she had the best birthday ever......so far :). I'll get some pictures posted soon. Thanks again Ladies..........BTW, I have a son who will be 11 on the 4th of July...LOL Any ideas?????

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bellasmom32510
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:31 PM
What about the movies? Or an indoor place like Dave & Busters?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:01 PM

I'm drawing a blank.

butterfly-jo
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:37 PM

get a ton of junk food and have a  movie/ pj party....let her buy a new movie. 

my dd will be turning 12 in july.  i'm very much looking forward to it.....this is an awesome time in their lives.  i'm sure whatever ou do will be fine as long as you make it special :)

mommyintraining
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:54 PM

My dd often asks me to paint her nails and her friends, you can make a nail station and do fingernails and/or toes, facials, they love to dabble in spa type things at this age, makes them feel so grown up, you can also make smoothies offering them different fruit to choose from so they can create their own flavors, you can have them bake something together, movie and popcorn or rootbeer floats are always an option. Good luck! 

itsallabtthem84
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Same here. We don't do parties so here's a bump.

Quoting psych_mom:

I'm drawing a blank.

itsallabtthem84
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Oh by the way, good luck and I am sure what ever y'all do she will have fun.

DEEANNALAMB81
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:20 PM

My daughter's bday is at the end of the month and the girls what to make tee shirts. I just bought tons of the stuff in the teeshirt isle at the craft store for them to add to the shirt. On the back of the shirts I put "Team Kaity" and a huge 11 (she's turning 11) 

shell81
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Oh share with us what you do and some pics if you want too:) Hope she has a great bday!!!

Laurabelle48
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 7:45 AM

My daughters friends have had little mini beauty party with facials and mani/pedis that they can do right at the kitchen table or making bracelets or necklaces with beads.

last year our whole family got together for Thanksgiving (about 50 people) and we bought cheap t shirts at a.c.moore and fabric paint and the kids had a blast  Good Luck!! :)

Rogue35
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Let them do a sleep over.  I would ask your daughter what it is that she wants to do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)