Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dumb question re shaving!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:16 PM
  • 16 Replies
My mom never showed me how to shave, I just figured it out on my own but last night I was showing my stepdaughter how to shave and it occurred to me that I don't even know if I do it right! Do you shave your whole leg? Or do you shave just the calf?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaytee
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:47 PM
I know women you only shave to the knee and women you shave almost the whole leg
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellasmom32510
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:58 PM

I just shave to the knee because I don't have any visible hair on my thigh so it seems like unnecessary work (lol). 

Quoting jaytee:

I know women you only shave to the knee and women you shave almost the whole leg

steelcrazy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I shave from ankle to hip every single day of my life.  Gotta love having dark hair on the legs.  Sometimes in the winter I'll get lazy and only shave to the knee.  Honestly, if her hair is light colored and fine above the knee, then I wouldn't worry about having her shave it.

Zamaria
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:43 PM
I shave the whole leg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsallabtthem84
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:19 PM

I shave only to right above my knee. The hair on my thighs are not noticeable and I don't see the point in doing it that fair up.

itsallabtthem84
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:19 PM

By the way, good luck in showing her. She is lucky to have you to help her with it.

shell81
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Depends on if you can see the hair you don't want it to grow back thicker and darker.....

I shave almost whole leg but not really cause I shave to where my shorts line is pretty much:)

bellasmom32510
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 8:13 AM
Thanks!

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

By the way, good luck in showing her. She is lucky to have you to help her with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 5:13 PM

It would depend on her coloring I guess. I shave my whole leg but I go alot longer in between shaving my thighs cause it doesn't grow as fast

KTMOM
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I shave where there is hair. lol  my hair is super blonde and pretty sparse on my legs, but I do have some a bit above my knee, so I just shave where I see hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)