Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM
  • 8 Replies

OK moms I have a 10 years old boy who needs to be reading this summer .... I cant seem to find any books that he likes. have any ideas?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
epilepsymom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:58 PM

OH my I have the perfect book got my dd reading in a summer.. "TEach your child to read in 100 lessons." something like that

Worked wonders here...

Rogue35
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Well I would try to take him and let him pick a couple out.  I would make a deal with him that if he reads them he will get a award.

auroragold
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:10 PM

WHAT does he like?  Magic? Superheros? Mystery? Comedy?

You may want to start with graphic novels to get him interested and branch out from there.

Have you chatted with your local librarians? They usually have good suggestions.

psych_mom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I would let him help and show him books that are from things that he is interested in.

KTMOM
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:28 PM

I am in the same boat right now, my 11 year old is not wanting to read anything right now either..

Barabell
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:43 PM

I just tell my 11 year old son that he still has to read over the summer. It's annoying to remind him to read 30 minutes a day still, but I'm sure it'll pay off in the long run.

ktamick
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:50 PM

yeah we have taken him to thelibary  to let him pick and he is just not intrested in reading at all.

Zamaria
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 5:40 AM
My 12 year old liked the goosebumps books and the magic tree house books. He likes taking turns reading out loud too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)