Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any moms with kids with aspburgers?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
My 11 yr old stepson has it and I'm wondering for those of you who deal with it, what are some good ways you've found to help and work with them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
styler7
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:22 PM

none of my children have it...Bump :)

momofcg
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:48 PM
There is a group on cafemom with a lot of info u should join my 9 yr old son has it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KTMOM
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:18 PM

No, but I know people with kids who have it. 

itsallabtthem84
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Quoting styler7:

none of my children have it...Bump :)

Barabell
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:58 PM

My son does not have it. BUMP

epilepsymom
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:18 PM

My dd has Autism, not aspergers though..  Please join the aspergers/pdd Autism group.. They are great.. Also I wanted to let you know that I am willing to help in any way I can.. If you have a question please feel free to ask me. 

SuperLooneyMom
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 6:55 PM
Same here no aspergers but my did is autistic and children ADHD . A peer in scouting has a dd with aspergers. I've joined a group on cafemom for children with ADHD and other behavioral disorders and some moms posted there too. I only know that Asp. Is the high functioning form of autism, smarter and more intellectual person. But there are similar behavior a's like the low functioning form of autism. My peers dd is 13 and in high school and has been thru a lot to become a equal in school and girl scouts. And she literally takes someones word for how it is meant for. As such sit in your seat quietly . If the teacher alls in her, she will not respond . For her version is going by the definition. But she cannot stand noises, she reads alone at all times, and argues every point til she gets her way
This is the extent of my knowledge of asp. But you can pm anytime. Would be glad to help.And remember patience love and understanding goes a very long way for a child with special needs. And you are a great mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperLooneyMom
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Sis not did is autistic. Sorry

Quoting SuperLooneyMom:

Same here no aspergers but my did is autistic and children ADHD . A peer in scouting has a dd with aspergers. I've joined a group on cafemom for children with ADHD and other behavioral disorders and some moms posted there too. I only know that Asp. Is the high functioning form of autism, smarter and more intellectual person. But there are similar behavior a's like the low functioning form of autism. My peers dd is 13 and in high school and has been thru a lot to become a equal in school and girl scouts. And she literally takes someones word for how it is meant for. As such sit in your seat quietly . If the teacher alls in her, she will not respond . For her version is going by the definition. But she cannot stand noises, she reads alone at all times, and argues every point til she gets her way

This is the extent of my knowledge of asp. But you can pm anytime. Would be glad to help.And remember patience love and understanding goes a very long way for a child with special needs. And you are a great mom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 9:29 PM

My son is not diagnosed but suspected to have asperger's.  He's very smart (tests high gifted) but very emotional at times.  He does not understand some social situations and reacts to some situations inappropriately.

fineyouguyswin
by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 3:13 PM

It was suggested to me my middle son may have it. But I really know nothing about it sorry :O( just starting research.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)