Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little worried abou DSD

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

My DSD is tall and thin, she i 11 and is about 5'1" and weighs about 90lbs.  She is NOWHERE near even being SLIGHTLY heavy.  I wish I had her figure when I was her age! Anyway, she has made a few comments here and there about her thighs looking fat.  She was trying on some clothes when we were shopping for a back to school wardrobe and multiple times said that she didn't like something because it made her stomach look big. (it didn't). She wears a size Children's Large (14/16 - CHILDREN'S). Every time I tell her, no, you aren't fat/big etc.  You are perfectly fine and you look great! She doesn't currently have eating issues, she eats almost as much as my husband! However,  I am worried where this might head.  Any suggestions on how to make sure she doesn't end up with an eating disorder???

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
itsallabtthem84
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Have you sat down and talked to her about why she feels this way? If not I would attempt that and of course reassure her there is nothing wrong with her.

auroragold
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:25 PM

oh boy...... I'd be concerned too. Not quite sure how to approach her with it though.  Let me give it some thought while keeping this up top for you.

fineyouguyswin
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:52 PM
:0( not a good feeling. When she brings it up again maybe talk about why she feels that way. Maybe she could see a counseler or nutritionist
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KTMOM
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Just make sure that you encourage her, don't talk about weight stuff around her, and just teach her that she is beautiful no matter waht.

Wyldbutterfly
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

Have you sat down and talked to her about why she feels this way? If not I would attempt that and of course reassure her there is nothing wrong with her.

This!

shell81
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

This!

~Shell~
Group Mod In Tween Titans  ~ Moms With Teens The Park Bench

bellasmom32510
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:35 AM

The only thing that we have ever talked about is eating healthy, portion size and how it isn't good to heat too much junk.  Her cousin has a weight issue and DSD does see that, she gets a lot of her hand-me-downs because DSD is smaller in size.  I am sure it will come up again and we will talk about it.

fineyouguyswin
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Hopefully it is just a phase. As girls get older we all are harder on ourselves :O)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)