Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How is your tween's room decorated?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

We are getting ready to do some major changes to our son's bedroom.  Getting rid of that blasted bunkbed (woohoooo!!),  painting,  putting some stuff on walls,  just making it more "grown up".  I need ideas or tips, inspiration, SOMETHING!  Anybody have some cool and reasonably priced ideas for a tween boy room?  Pics? 

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1Redapple
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:42 PM

She loves her cat, so there is one kitten poster, one cats calendar and one USMC poster her brother had gotten before he went to boot camp.  Then there is a Fathead lifesize cutout of HM behing the door.

itsallabtthem84
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:42 PM

My kids room is not decorated since when and if we get to move I don't want to pay to fix it back the way it was for the landlord nor do I want my deposit taken away.

1Redapple
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

My kids room is not decorated since when and if we get to move I don't want to pay to fix it back the way it was for the landlord nor do I want my deposit taken away.

Same with mine when we rented.  As a result the boys decorated thier wooden beds with stickers and their dressers too.

steelcrazy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:02 PM

His walls are painted red, his choice.  He has posters and memorabilia from his favorite Nascar driver on the walls along with some shelves with his own trophies and team pics.  His curtains are black and white check.  Pretty much a hodge podge sports theme going on.

I would let him pick a bed spread or comforter that he likes and then go from there.  Either that or ask him if there is a particular theme that he wants to go with.

Isaacsmom5354
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM

My son's room is decorated with all Atlanta Braves stuff. His walls are painted dark blue and he has red trim. His curtains are dark blue. He has a Atlanta Braves sheet and comforter set. His walls have Braves posters and pictures on them. It's a really neat room. If it was clean I would take a pic but its not so no pic today. Sorry!!

wittner9803
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Right now it is cherry wood, blue pant on the bottom half of her walls and cream on top. Brown and blue bedding, a brick red cushion and asian prints on her walls.

Next we are re-doing it....bright lime green and purple colors and asian bedding in the same color.

The youngest has the shabby chic in pink all over her room and pale pink walls.

She wants yellow and orange....so we are working with those colors.

Wyldbutterfly
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:21 PM

My DD's room is just purple with a grey rug. White lace curtains, posters stuffed animals, girly things.

NoahsMommy7974
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM

We got a great grey for the walls. Skateboard material for curtains and pillows. Black/grey reversible comforter accenting things in bringht lime, orange, and turquoise with lamps, moon chair, etc. Stakeboad deck shelves and a cool poster of the us and each state is a license plate.

Now to just get it all up. Need to replace carpet but that will take a bit.

lucjenemom3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM

My DS room isnt really "decorated" he has some of his cub scout stuff on the walls,a project he did on hugh jackman he did in 5th grade. He still has his Thomas the tank engine table and a desk but those mostly have his lego stuff on it. Sorry no pics i'm really ashamed of how it looks right now. *whole body shiver* LOL Let me choice what is he into?

shell81
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:46 PM

It's not really. I am about to re-do his room though and IDK with what cause that will be up to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)