Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starting junior high

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:21 AM
  • 7 Replies

Well, 3 more days until the big day and I am as anxious as hell. My 11 year old will start 6th grade. I think I'm more nervous than she is, IF she's even nervous at all.  I asked her how does she feel about it & I get the same answer like any teenagers, "uh, i don't know".  I think one reason I'm scared is because she's small for her age & I keep thinking she'll be with the "big" kids. Or maybe its because I'm one of those moms having a hard time letting go, I dunno. She's my only one. It feels like the first day of kindergarten all over again.

Any other moms having the same feelings about this "next phase"?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:11 AM

For me, middle school came waaaay too soon for my oldest. She was only 9 (October bday and skipped a grade, so 2 years younger than everybody else) and heck, I was only 25! But her bff was with her every step of the way, and she came home that first day soooo excited.

Although now, I look at that as nothing...Next year (2012) she starts--GULP!--high school.

KTMOM
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:07 AM

My son just started 6th grade, so yes, I get it.  It is hard to not feel totally unsure of what is going to happen and how things will go,  but we have to have confidence in the way we have raised our kids,  and have faith that they are gonna be just fine. :)

wakymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Middle school for us starts w/ 5th gr, so I went through this 2 yrs ago. I felt the same way- my 1st "baby" couldn't be old enough for middle school yet! 

Your dd will be just fine, and so will you : )  (((Hugs)))

Wyldbutterfly
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Awe, (((hugs))) Mama. She will be fine and so will you. I have one going into the High School :(

MelisaAnderson
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Im right there with you too! I'm nervous. I do think my dd is a tad bit nervous.. She told me she feels different! We went and enrolled and got schedules Wed.. Then her bff and mom and I and dd walked through their classes with them, so hopefully they wont get lost Monday. Dd chickened out on taking honors math, and now she is second guessing herself.. Because so far out of all the girls she knows, none of them have the same math class! Her and her bff have honors reading, pre ap english and choir together... So that does make me feel a tad bit better.. But since she didnt do honors math that put her in a different building than her bff.. So that means they have different lunch hours.. So she is very nervous about not having anybody to sit with at lunch...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsallabtthem84
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:07 PM

I still have 2 more years since 6th grade is with my kids elementary school.

fineyouguyswin
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:54 PM

I'm not nervous for this year :O)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)