Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:36 AM
  • 13 Replies

How do you monitor what your tweens listen to and watch on TV and online?

And then skip on over and...

Join us in The Tween Titans Group!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
telecomgirl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:12 AM

My son's never online...

And the only tv is in the living room, so I'm always around and aware of what's on :)

psych_mom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:48 AM
The computer is in our room so an adult is always in the room and his tv is usually only on 2 different channels and only at certain times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
texasmom1800
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:08 AM

he knows what shows he os allowed to watch and also what websites he can go onto and he knows the consequences if he does otherwise.

auroragold
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:10 AM

Online - websites are vetted by me first then saved to her favorites. That's what she's allowed to use.  Also, the computer she uses is at the same workstation where I am so we're together.

TV has parental locks on shows that exceed the rating limit we've chosen.  And besides, we watch TV together

Wyldbutterfly
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:25 AM

The only TV available to my daughter is in our living room and she's pretty good about selecting what movies to watch. Music I'm not to big of a stickler on. Online I watch and watch very closely. Our computer is password protected and she doesn't have the password.

itsallabtthem84
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:28 AM
Right now the only tv available to my kids, is in the living room, which this is my main room I am always in. If they get online, I am right there watching what they do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:45 AM
Our computer is in the living room. He isn't allowed to use it without permission. His laptop from school has tons of security features, and it stays in the living room too. We only get one station on our tv, and it's PBS, but he's really good about not watching what we dont want him to watch at other people's houses. We haven't ever had a problem with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fineyouguyswin
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:58 AM

My son doesn't get online unless I'm sitting there and tv is in the livingroom

Barabell
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:24 AM

My son doesn't go online unless I'm in the same room.

We don't have cable. Just netflix and hulu, and I can track the history of our account.

CoolMommyofboys
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:31 AM

my son doesnt have a TV in his room and we keep the computer (that he can use) in the kitchen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)