• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to make family time...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:39 AM
  • 19 Replies

How do you encourage "Family Time?"  Is family dinner at 6 p.m., no exceptions, or a certain night of the week Movie Night? Most families like to have at least some quality time (hopefully!) but with such busy schedules it's difficult. What do your families do?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
magsrobsmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Our family time is on the weekends as DH works out of town all week and is home on the weekends.  We don't have a set day or time, we just try to work around whatever the kids are doing that weekend. We try to watch a movie, play a game or go bike riding.

telecomgirl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:14 AM

We eat around the table each night, and have family movie nights too, although not on specific days...mostly whenever we are able to :)

psych_mom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:46 AM
We do a lot of things together as a family. Dh works Sat, Sun and Mon so we have a lot of free time during the week so whatever we feel up to doing we do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:34 AM

I have a family of four. My self,hubby, 14 y/o DD and 19 y/o son.

I used to love cooking dinner and sitting down to the table together, all of us. That was our family time.

However, I find it such a chore anymore. My son is never home and God forbid he spends time with us.

So it ends up just me,Dh and DD at dinner. It's nice but, it's not the same.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:23 AM

We used to have one day a week that was family day. My husband wasn't allowed to schedule anything for that day (he used to run his own computer repair business) and we used that day to take the kids to the park and to hang out as a family and then finished up the night with a family movie night. However, it is now a thing of the past.

I'm working hard to come up with something though. 

itsallabtthem84
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:25 AM
Right now it's hard to plan anything since my husband works 6 to 7 days a week, 12 plus hours each day. Usually if he happens to have 1 day off, he tries to catch up his sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fineyouguyswin
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:16 AM

My kids love to have family time they none stopare wanting to play I can't get a moment alone till they are sleeping.lol

Kaci
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:47 AM

This also!

Quoting magsrobsmom:

Our family time is on the weekends as DH works out of town all week and is home on the weekends.  We don't have a set day or time, we just try to work around whatever the kids are doing that weekend. We try to watch a movie, play a game or go bike riding.

CoolMommyofboys
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:33 AM

we have lots of family time on Sundays- we'll go eat with the inlaws after church and then we play lots of Wii or maybe do a family project around the house

we don't  always get to have dinner all of us cuz DH works late often

Barabell
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:54 AM

We have a family of three, and so we find unexpected, unplanned ways of making family time on a frequent basis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)