Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little scary!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM
  • 23 Replies
My mom calls me this morning as she is heading out to work saying there is something going on near my street. She said she passed 12-15 police and sheriffs cars all with light on. They officers were all outside the cars carrying shotguns! She said it looked like they were looking for someone. Low and behold the news is reporting that there were three robberies, one of which was at the gas station next to my street! Apparently the men ran, one fired at police who shot back and they killed him. They were searching for the other two. I locked the doors and set our security system. I guess they are still looking for one guy. The alternative school down the street was put on lockdown but students werent there yet so they just took them to the middle school. DSD's school which is next to the middle school was on lockdown but they didn't remove the students. I live in a quiet area. The only guns around here are hunting rifles. DH asked if I knew where his rifle was just in case. There is a bad area on the otherwise of this gas station but I have never thought that something like this would happen!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cleanmoss
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:15 PM

that is scary sorry to hear that, that was the other reason we moved off base and bought a house and my DD goes to school up the road so I didn't have to deal with lock downs on base.

CoolMommyofboys
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:36 PM

WOW!  that is scary

things like this is why I don't answer the door

telecomgirl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:38 PM

That's so scary!! I hope they're caught, and soon!

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:10 PM
Yikes!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brehi
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:22 PM

I hope they catch him soon,,,alot of robberies have been happening in my town lately which is very unusual.

Malissa1578
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:29 PM

No matter what... it can happen any where. :(

Serenity75
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:58 PM

This happened to us before, too.  It was pretty scary.

Linds2Horse
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:59 PM

So scary. Can you stay away from your home for the day? 

MissyB1011
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Oh my! That is scary! Hopefully they found the last guy.

We live in a small town that is 30 min from the trooper barracks. Our little convenience store/gas station gets robbed 2 - 3 times a year. There's only been a couple of times where it's escalated with violence. It is scary.

bellasmom32510
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:38 PM
No unfortunately my car isn't working so I am stuck. Things have calmed down though!

Quoting Linds2Horse:

So scary. Can you stay away from your home for the day? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)