Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

9 year old with "pain in lower stomach" (menstrual cramps with no period yet?)

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 11:47 PM
  • 22 Replies

I am wondering what ages your girls started their periods if they have yet. My daughter is 9 and for the last couple of months she has been having once a month where for several days she complains of pain in her lower stomach. the reason I am leaning towards it being a menstrual type of pain is because it's each month like clockwork almost, lasts a couple of days and it must be mild pain because she will be playing and then tell me it's bothering her, rest awhile be running around fine etc. If it comes again this month I am making her a dr appt, aaahhh puberty.

by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serenity75
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I seem to remember my dd having the same complaint at that age.  But I would still mention to her doctor at her next check-up.

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 11:51 PM
Yeah can't hurt to check it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krg724
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 11:53 PM

I know I started my period in 5th grade, and my mom started hers in 4th... my daughter is in 3rd grade now (but her bday is 9/8 so here in Georgia she was 7 days past the age cut off, so really if she were born a week earlier she would be in 4th) any advice on what to do for her? she has taken some tylenol and I got a heating pad I was contemplating letting her use for a short time (like 5 mins)

amzbrznjz
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

my dd has been having the same since she was 9, she is 11 now

krg724
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 12:41 AM

and hasn't started her cycle yet?

Quoting amzbrznjz:

my dd has been having the same since she was 9, she is 11 now

sissy4444
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Sounds like it...I done it for 6 or 7 months before I had my first one at 11.  Then the day I started I was in the worst mood, hormonal, emotional...it was horrible...and it was a 4th of July weekend with family lol

But these days they start young!  A girl in my 7 year olds 1st grade class started last week, and the teacher sent home a letter stating we needed to speak to our daughters due to some seen it when it happened.  It blew my mind.

Wyldbutterfly
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 7:06 AM

It's possible that's what it is. I would mention it to her Dr. at her next appointment. Girls these days are starting younger and younger.

I don't recall my DD complaining of cramps before hand.

itsallabtthem84
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 7:09 AM

My daughter is 10 years old and has had the same problem since right before she was 9. She has not started her period yet.

itsallabtthem84
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 7:10 AM

Keep doing what you are doing and be sure you have talked to her about it already. 

Quoting krg724:

I know I started my period in 5th grade, and my mom started hers in 4th... my daughter is in 3rd grade now (but her bday is 9/8 so here in Georgia she was 7 days past the age cut off, so really if she were born a week earlier she would be in 4th) any advice on what to do for her? she has taken some tylenol and I got a heating pad I was contemplating letting her use for a short time (like 5 mins)

auroragold
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 7:19 AM

Good luck.

No doubt it IS her ovaries and uterus gearing up for the big event

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN