Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did...?? Clothing question

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM
  • 18 Replies
When did women wearing sports bras and push up bras become the t shirt of the year? I didn't get the memo. I was at work yesterday and some woman sends a money gram wear short shorts push up bra and plaid button up only buttoned to he waist. I'm thinking I need to barf cause I don't need to see this ladys bosoms. Seriously that is for street work at night. What kinda message does that bring ? Oi I must be so conservative and boring but I think if your in public cover em up or wear the appropriate attire.
Your thoughts ? If you want to share.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abmaddox1981
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I see women dressed like that all the time and half of me is totally apalled and the other half is like "I wanna look like that when I grow up". Lol. Not that I would dress like that, I just wish my body gave me the option.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TWINS609
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM

I must be ultra conservative as well. I also don't really have enough up top to really hang out if I wanted to. I am raising four tween girls and we have the THREE B rule in our house. If it doesn't cover your boobs, belly, and butt you aren't going anywhere.

TWINS609
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Quoting abmaddox1981:

I see women dressed like that all the time and half of me is totally apalled and the other half is like "I wanna look like that when I grow up". Lol. Not that I would dress like that, I just wish my body gave me the option.

Yeah I wish I had the body as well LOL. But the problem in Alabama is that they don't always have the body for the outfit. If you know what I mean.

Wyldbutterfly
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm all about modesty! I do not feel the need or urge to ever flaunt what I have.

To me modesty is more sexy than letting it all hang out ever could be!

abmaddox1981
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:48 AM
I live in Georgia, believe me, I know what you mean! Lol

Quoting TWINS609:

Quoting abmaddox1981:

Yeah I wish I had the body as well LOL. But the problem in Alabama is that they don't always have the body for the outfit. If you know what I mean.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:52 AM
I feel that by "flaunting" you are trying to over compensate... You can be sexy with out looking like you work the streets. I utilize the 3B's rule as well for me and my girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I have no problem with sports bras...If they are the thick, athletic style where you can't see through them, they are actually meant to be worn on their own. However, I TOTALLY agree with you on the exposed push-up bras. SOOOO TACKY AND TASTELESS!!!

KTMOM
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I honestly don't see people dressed like that often. eww.

Morrigan333
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM

It's possible that since she was delivering a money gram, she was in exercise mode(bike messenger maybe?), but I would've buttoned that button up ,to the clavicle. Around here, it's sorta common.

MissyB1011
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I like that rule! We have that in our house as well. I just didn't know how to phrase it.

Quoting TWINS609:

I must be ultra conservative as well. I also don't really have enough up top to really hang out if I wanted to. I am raising four tween girls and we have the THREE B rule in our house. If it doesn't cover your boobs, belly, and butt you aren't going anywhere.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)