Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Lovey

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM
  • 17 Replies

Did your tween have a "lovey" when he/she was little?

A special blanket? Pillow? Toy?

What was it?

Does he/she still have it? Is it hidden away or still "accessible" to him/her?

by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BatGirl33
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM

My daughter was about 5 when she got a rabbit from Build-A Bear and she named it Stella, she still has Stella, and while she doesn't have Stella out all the time, she does have it accesible to her when she feels like it. She has always loved it, used to sleep with it, but as she has grown her desire to keep it with her has waned. I believe it will outlast her interest, and may end up in a hope chest to share with her own children. (at least I hope so)

auroragold
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

DD had a thing for Smiley Faces as a toddler.

We had a "walking smiley" "baby smiley" "red smiley" "Smiley" and who knows what else. They were all stuffed SOMETHING.

The only thing that has survived is BIG SMILEY - a pillow.  It's always on her bed but I thought nothing of it until today.

When she panicked

Because she couldn't find Big Smiley in the middle of the night.

I didn't know she slept with it - or would miss it.

Search ensued - a massive search because it wasn't in her room. The kid was starting to freak out.

Thank goodness the MOM BRAIN kicked in and searched her laundry basket...where Smiley was hiding :)

KTMOM
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 2:32 PM

he didn't have anything he absolutely would not sleep without or freak out over, but he did hav ea blanket and a little green bear that he loved.  We still have them.

cleanmoss
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 2:36 PM

yep my 11 year old DD has her baby blanket and still sleeps with it and when she goes to a friends for a sleep over she brings it with her.

bookworm14
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 2:51 PM
I know my SS had a stuffed rabbit he's had since he was a baby. Every so often he pulls it out of the closet & will keep on his bed. But I haven't seen any freakouts because it went missing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 2:51 PM
My 8 y/o dd has a Tinkerbell fleece blanket that she's had almost her whole life. She calls it Tinkie and absolutely is devastated if it's in the laundry for a cleaning. She says she needs it! She cries for a few minutes if it's in the laundry and she can't have it to sleep. I've learned to not let that happen if possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 4:07 PM
Nope..just a thumb. And she still..,sucks it :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2011 at 4:44 PM
He had a blankie. Wouldn't sleep without it. When he was six, we started folding it up and putting it on his headboard where he could touch it, but not be curled up with it. A week or two later we put it at the foot of his bed. A month or so later I put it up in his baby box. He didn't notice for about two months lol! He wasn't upset about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM
BUT, my sister's husband had a pink comforter. He called it his whoopie. He still has it, and still won't sleep without it. He's 24. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Homealonex2
by Member on Nov. 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM

My dd (10) has a crow-shay blanket that has pinks, yellow, blue, greens  she calls it yellow she had it since birth. She also has a solid pink one that she still sleeps with.  She rubs her nose with them to help fall asleep or when she is upset.  It's funny she will ask me every time I do laundry to wash it she likes them to smell fresh. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN