Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

questions

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:25 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hello ladies:

How old is your tween? What does your tween do for fun? Also what are you planning on getting them for christmas?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Hello, and welcome to the group!

My son is 12. He enjoys hanging out with friends, playing hockey, and playing video games.

I'm getting him a variety of small stuff for Christmas. He hasn't asked for anything big. I got him a team jacket (his hockey association) with his name on it. We're going to get him something else, but haven't decided what yet. His stocking is going to have candy, iTunes gift card, and a beanie hat.

itsallabtthem84
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:45 PM

She is getting what she has been asking for, for the longest time.

styler7
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:20 PM

12 and 13yrs.

They both hang out with friends and my son skateboards.

iPods, Bball hoop, and clothes. The rest...I have no idea!

2Mommy415
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:59 PM

mine is 10 (11 in January, likes hanging with friends, doing "crafty things" video games and for christmas she is getting a mix of small things- american girl clothes and accesories for her doll, video gamesfor dsi, clothes, knee high socks. lots of craft kits

KTMOM
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:48 PM

My son is 12. He likes to read about cars, talk about cars, draw cars. LOL He loves Zelda too. He is getting an ipod and a docking station/radio thing, and some small stuff for his stocking.

steelcrazy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:52 PM

My boys are 11 and 8.  The oldest is into Nascar and football.  The youngest is into action figures and pirates - Ahoy!  They both love playing pick up games of baseball, football and basketball and just running around outside.  They're into video games as well.

For Christmas they are getting some Star Wars figures and vehicles.  A bunch of small stuff that I can't remember.  New luggage, lucky boys right there. lol  Sheets for their beds too, hehehe.  The oldest is getting a new MP3 player, the youngest is getting some PlayMobile stuff.  They both are getting Legos.  I can't remember anything else at the moment.

psych_mom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:49 PM

My tweens are 10 (will be 11 on Wed) and 9. The oldest enjoys reading, playing video games, talking on the phone and just doing stuff like that. My younger one likes drawing, learning things on the computer and other stuff like that. They both enjoy playing the computer. For Christmas they are getting digital cameras and nerf guns. The Oldest is getting a UGA pillow pet and some other little things. The younger one is getting a turtle that lights up and shows the constellations- he loves turtles and science.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Lexie is 12. She loves cheerleading--she's on two squads--and gymnastics. She also loves to read. For Christmas, I'm getting her an eReader (I haven't decided which), an alarm clock dock for her iPod, and Pretty Little Liars Season 1 on DVD. I still have a little left in her budget, so I'm not done yet. :)

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999
Leslie Kirsten 03-14-2004
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 
Twins due 04-15-2012

steelcrazy
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

She is getting what she has been asking for, for the longest time.

Do you care to share what the item is?  It is nice to hear what other kids are asking for, so that we can get ideas for our own kids, family, and friends.

The best Christmas gift of all is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up with one another.

steelcrazy
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

My tweens are 10 (will be 11 on Wed) and 9. The oldest enjoys reading, playing video games, talking on the phone and just doing stuff like that. My younger one likes drawing, learning things on the computer and other stuff like that. They both enjoy playing the computer. For Christmas they are getting digital cameras and nerf guns. The Oldest is getting a UGA pillow pet and some other little things. The younger one is getting a turtle that lights up and shows the constellations- he loves turtles and science.

How cool is that turtle.  I'm sure he'll love it, I know that my boys would.  We love star gazing.

The best Christmas gift of all is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up with one another.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)