Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

How many of your Tweens have facebook?

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM
  • 36 Replies

I know you have to be 13 to make a page, Blah, Blah, Blah.. All I have to say to that is YEA OK. I know of 3 rd grader who have it!! Anyway We just bought our son his own laptop for Christmas, as my husband and I were setting it up for him last night, I thought "oh crap, he is going to want facebook". I should tell you I use to have a FB account, but it was way too much drama(that is a whole other post/story). So I got rid of it. And if it is alot of drama for a 30 something year old, I know the damage it can be (and have heard of) for a middle schooler. But with that , my son plays football, lacrosse. and he wrestles, and alot of info about stuff goes up on FB. If I do let him have it of course I would monitor his page, friends, post, etc..which means I have to re open my account. Just want some insight on to what you other moms think/ do about the whole FB thing. Thanks:)

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KTMOM
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 1:09 PM

My son is only 12 and does not have one. I would prefer that he doesn't. I don't have trouble avoiding drama on FB personally, but I am very careful and diplomatic and also 32 years old so have much better judgment. Children are not that wise yet and it makes me really nervous.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 22, 2011 at 1:31 PM

My kids have no idea what facebook is. And none of them have it. But when they are old enough I am sure they will need one b/c as of the moment their football info is only obtained via facebook.

Devtanbay3
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 4:20 PM
My DD-12 has one but I police it quite often, it is completely private & she is only allowed to check it on laptop sitting next to me or DH. She is very active and maybe spends 10 minutes a day on there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliciasBusyMind
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 5:26 PM

My sun is 11 and has a page. I monitor his page and mostly only family members and his friends that I have met are on his friends list. Everything is private.

You do not have to re-open your account, just keep the log in information for his page.

psych_mom
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 5:38 PM
My kids won't have one until they are 13 or 14. Don't see the need for it while they're so young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyChrissyB
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Good afternnoon,

I have two daughters and never thought that they needed a face book account.  I have a very open relationship with my girls so I gave in and made one for each of them one with the understanding they were not going to have the password and I will check it at anygiven time.  I was the only one who could accept friends and I can only open inbox messages.  It is working out well.  Good luck with your decision.

angel mini

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2011 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I actually follow the rules, and since he's NOT 13 (he's 12), he doesn't have one. I really don't see him ever even wanting one, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 5:59 PM
My daughter is 11 and she does not have one. My 18 to was 14 when he got his. He had to friend me and give me his passwords.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mnicole4va1977
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 11:55 PM

My 12 year old has one... and things are set to private...so mostly goes on to play the games... she has alot of family on there and some friends from school... She isnt on my page....But she is on my husbands page so he goes on daily to see what she posts and what friends are saying what.. and if we see something then we ask her/talk to her about it and it gets deleted...she knows not to add anyone she does not know...

dastephan6
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Mine has it, but I monitor it everyday. I have people, including family members, if I don't think that their statuses or posts are right for him to see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)