Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

How many of your Tweens have facebook?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know you have to be 13 to make a page, Blah, Blah, Blah.. All I have to say to that is YEA OK. I know of 3 rd grader who have it!! Anyway We just bought our son his own laptop for Christmas, as my husband and I were setting it up for him last night, I thought "oh crap, he is going to want facebook". I should tell you I use to have a FB account, but it was way too much drama(that is a whole other post/story). So I got rid of it. And if it is alot of drama for a 30 something year old, I know the damage it can be (and have heard of) for a middle schooler. But with that , my son plays football, lacrosse. and he wrestles, and alot of info about stuff goes up on FB. If I do let him have it of course I would monitor his page, friends, post, etc..which means I have to re open my account. Just want some insight on to what you other moms think/ do about the whole FB thing. Thanks:)

by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
Wyldbutterfly
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Both of my kids have it. One is 14 and the other 19. The 19 year old really don't use it that much. My 14 year old uses it as much as I let on the computer, which isn't a ton. I do however watch her FB page like a hawk! I made a post a while back about FB, it wasn't a good one.

emilyrosenj
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 9:00 AM

my daughter's friend has one, her mother let her create it.  She went on at school (which is not allowed and they know it) and almost got suspended.  Luckily they opted to just remove her internet priveleges!

AliSingleMom4
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 9:43 AM
My tween is 10 so he doesn't have Facebook. My 13 year old is old enough but he doesn't have it either. My 16 year old didn't get his account until he was almost 15.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fineyouguyswin
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

no way no how. I don't really care what they want it is what is best for them. There is no need for a child to have one. Not even counting as you said they are suppose to be 13 if I lie about one thing how can I say another lie is bad. A lie is a lie

whyfie
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 5:49 PM
my 10yr old doesn't have a fb page. my hubby & i don't see the need 4 fb unless u're an adult. it makes no sense that extra-curricular activities would only disseminate info via fb 4 children!
my hubby & i are 29, we don't have fb drama...fb drama is ridiculous @ our age!
smoochesmomof2
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 8:10 PM

my 12yo has one and I have his password and I set up his acct so its completly private, and alot of his friends are on my page too so I can see whats going on all the time

Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2011 at 10:44 PM

My dd has had a FB account since the start of the new school year.  She heard about the game Stardoll..and that was a big draw!    She mostly only plays THAT game. She has only 14 "friends" and most of them are fromher previous 2 elem. schools shr attended. only 3 are not.

itsallabtthem84
by on Dec. 24, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Mine is not old enough.

TGOLD1
by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Not mine.

cleanmoss
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 12:10 AM

my DD has a yahoo account so no need for a facebook and she can use mine if she needs to

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN