• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No more toys..

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM
  • 19 Replies

So yesterday my son was helping me in our bonus room. I have been getting rid of and re-organizing the room in preparation for painting. We were going through all of his things and I asked him to please sort out the broken things, the things he wants to keep, and the things he would like to get rid of.  He ended up pretty much giving up every toy he has. TONS of Legos, his Lego table, his Bionicles, his Transformers, and even then said he might get rid of his Nerf Guns too. Sigh. I knew this would happen sooner or later, but dang it.. I think *I* am going to keep the Nerf guns.  haha

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Hmmmm, mom be prepared for remorse in at least two weeks... Might wanna have something's hidden away.
styler7
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM
My kids don't have toys anymore either. Makes birthdays and Christmas tough..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HelloGeek
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:22 AM

This isn't something I've really thought about before. Now, I'm trying to think of when I stopped playing with toys. Though, I did realize that I didn't have anyone to play with at home. Only girl and my brother was 3 years older.  My tween though, has his younger brother that he plays with ALL THE TIME, so it might last longer with him before he gets rid of his toys.

KTMOM
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Hmmmm, mom be prepared for remorse in at least two weeks... Might wanna have something's hidden away.

If he had played with ANY of these items in the last 6-9 months, I might be inclined to agree.  However, I really do think he is just DONE. :(

KTMOM
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I have hung on to some items though, like the old Thomas trains, the Little People bus, and some mega blocks and hot wheel cars. :)

itsallabtthem84
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM

good

psych_mom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I'm not looking forward to this time. Hugs momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coastiesgirl
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM
The one thing my son keeps is his Legos. He has a huge tub in his room and he still loves to make stuff. He's 13.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom4jads
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Same thing here.. I did saw some Thomas trains and Buzz lightyears, etc.. Toys that remind me of his childhood, but it is a sad time (((Hugs)))

Quoting styler7:

My kids don't have toys anymore either. Makes birthdays and Christmas tough..lol

guccimomma
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:27 PM

The only thing my oldest ds plays with and kept when we cleaned out his closet was his Lego kits.  Other than building Lego kits  the only things he even does (inside the house, I'm not counting outside play) is use the computer, watch tv, read or play video games.  He will be 9 in March.  My almost 11 yr old dd has zero toys at all.  She watches tv, makes jewelery, reads, plays video games or uses the computer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)