Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Essure

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM
  • 22 Replies

Any of you have it?

I know this post has nothing to do with tweens, but I'd like opinions and experiences please :)

by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by Stacy on Jan. 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Nope, but hope someone else can give you input.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM

itsallabtthem84
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Not I, so I will be so kindly and give you bump in hopes someone can help you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I am curious about it. My husbnad is so against a vasectomy and I dont want the expense/recovery of tying my tubes ...

I would like to know the cost, side effects, etc. There are a few doctor's in Anchorage (I live in Alaska) that do them, but I want more information before I call for a consultation.

itsallabtthem84
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Have you thought about having a vaginal hysterectomy if you want something permanent? I practically had no pain and was up and moving the very next day and no stitches or staples or cuts too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I had my consultation for a tubal yesterday. The doctor suggested this and it's done in office, no surgery. It sounds so much easier but I don't know anyone who has had it done. Such a big decision!

Quoting NiCo86:

I am curious about it. My husbnad is so against a vasectomy and I dont want the expense/recovery of tying my tubes ...

I would like to know the cost, side effects, etc. There are a few doctor's in Anchorage (I live in Alaska) that do them, but I want more information before I call for a consultation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:14 PM
I haven't... I want something easier than being put to sleep, cut, etc..and that's why my dr suggested the Essure. My only worry is something being implanted in my body. I'm the type that thinks everything will go wrong, and I'll be the 3% who gets all the crazy side effects.. Lol

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

Have you thought about having a vaginal hysterectomy if you want something permanent? I practically had no pain and was up and moving the very next day and no stitches or staples or cuts too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

That was some of the deciding factors for me.

Tubal requires operation in OR, anesthetic, recovery time that could be up towards 6 weeks (though I tend to rebound quickly) plus the expense for all of this!

Essure is supposed to be in office, much less recovery time, at a much less expense.

But I'm in the same boat ... I want to talk to somebody about it FIRST!

Quoting styler7:

I had my consultation for a tubal yesterday. The doctor suggested this and it's done in office, no surgery. It sounds so much easier but I don't know anyone who has had it done. Such a big decision!

Quoting NiCo86:

itsallabtthem84
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:20 PM
With a vaginal hysterecmy you don't get cut open. Yes they put you to sleep but it goes by fast.

Essure is that metal thing going in you right? If so someone on cafemom had it done has regrets it because it has been nothing but a huge pain. She said something about always being in pain. I don't remember her screen name but maybe search essure on cafemom(I think it was in the nc group).

Quoting styler7:

I haven't... I want something easier than being put to sleep, cut, etc..and that's why my dr suggested the Essure. My only worry is something being implanted in my body. I'm the type that thinks everything will go wrong, and I'll be the 3% who gets all the crazy side effects.. Lol

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shell89
by Member on Jan. 17, 2012 at 6:01 PM
I had this done about 5 years ago and love it! It was done in the drs. office, I went to lunch after and work the next day. I did take some advil before hand as pain precaution but felt fine. You do need to use a back up untill your 3 month appointment and they check to make sure the scars had formed. I had no problems or pain from it but sometimes the wire falls out and it'll need to be done agin. Have you checked out the website? There's more info on there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)