Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Are you already thinking about Summer Camp...

Posted by   + Show Post

options or trips for the kids this summer?

What kind of camps are you deciding on?

How do you decide which one is the right fit for your child?

Do you focus mainly on day camps or sleep away camps?

Sport camps or Church camps?

Is cost a huge factor?

by on Jan. 21, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 22, 2012 at 3:03 PM

We have never sent the kids to camp. Not many are in our area. But I am gonna look into maybe a few extra classes at the school this summer that are fun for them.

iamsunflower
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM

yes I am and a before and after school program for the fall school session

psych_mom
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:06 PM
My oldest is now also going to summer camp for 4-h. This will be his first week ever away from home. Scary, but he's looking forward to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Day camp for sure... They already started enrollment at the school I work at... But I normally take my boys to the park district. Their registration is in april. Ds2 joined the cub scouts this fall and kinda wants to go to a sleep away camp... Don't know how I feel about that.

I do know that I'm overwhelmed on the choices... :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Quoting kmrtigger:

We have never sent the kids to camp. Not many are in our area. But I am gonna look into maybe a few extra classes at the school this summer that are fun for them.

My son has done Campfire USA before, and they have fun camps. I wonder if they have a camp near you? They're very affordable, and my son has had a blast at the one in the Twin Cities area.

Last year, he didn't go because he went camping with Boy Scouts for a week instead.

This year, we're considering an overnight hockey camp instead because it's the same price as Campfire USA.

jaytee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I never have and probably never will send the kids to summer camp. Summer time is OUR time together to do fun trips and make memeories together as a family!!

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jan. 28, 2012 at 11:34 PM

My girls have never gone to camp before...I'm guessing Lexie will probably have cheer camp this summer, since she'll (hopefully) be on the high school cheerleading squad.

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 12 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 7 1/2 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 4 years old
Addison Charlotte & Harmon David due 04-15-2012

melakay1981
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I have never found a camp that I thought would be good for her.  We have a camper and take the kids almost every weekend as a family and I cannot wait.  I am so tired of being stuck in the house.  We have not gotten enough snow to go out and play in.  All we have gotten is rain and cold.  Everything is muddy and nasty.  I want summer here soooooooo bad.

KTMOM
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I do need to be thinking about it. I want my son to go to at least a day camp. He has himself convinced he won't like it, but little does he know, he will be going to at least one camp, whether he wants to or not!!

KTMOM
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 10:46 AM

There is a local outdoor adventure camp that I am considering above others... I need to get on the ball.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)