Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wwyd

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:44 AM
  • 16 Replies

my 11 year old sd lives with us and has frequent visits with her mom. Her best friend lives down the street. For a while she was always visiting her friend and never wanting her friend to visit here. Her reasoing never made since and we would do our best to accomidate her. Well  her dad and I sat her down and told her that her friend needed to come to our house also. sd agreed to make it kinda even.  I have caught sd saying on her facebook that,  i" am so stupid to want __ to come over", "+ +++ says you have to come here, she is such a retard ". She has went to her friends house 2 times now and yesterday she asked if she could go to her friends  and I told her that her friend could come here to visit. She rolls her eyes and says, Im never going to do that. I am so frustrated at this kid. I have talked with her and she always gives me a diffrent reason.  I really think its a power strugle . What should I do. 

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Not give in. I would also punish her for saying what she swim on FB by taking her FB rights away for awhile. Every time she ask to go to her friend's tell her no and that her friend can come there and that's it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auroragold
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Um............ FB at 11 years old?  You and DH approve of that or is it BM's idea?

Have you seen the video of the dad shooting his DD's laptop because of her FB comments?  Yeah - he's my hero!  There would be serious reprecusions for those types of comments.

And I second what Stacy said - no more visits to her friends house until she can reciprocate.

Cindy18
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like there is a reason she doesnt' want this friend to meet you OR she isn't really going to this friend's house and going somewhere else.

She wouldn't be going again until I met the parents.

fineyouguyswin
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM

She would ahve her facebook deleted and computer removed and the girl can either come over or she is stuck at home alone.

DropZoneMom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM

While I agree that she needs to be punished for her disrespectful comments on FB, I have to wonder why YOU are making such a big deal out of her not wanting the friend over to your home?   If she is going to the friend's house, and everything there is kosher, what the hell difference does it make??   You're making a power struggle over something stupid.   I don't get it.

Next time she wants to go over there, go with her.   Meet the other girl & the parents.   Then back off.

NannaBanana1983
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I'm thinking the other girl's parents let them do things you don't allow. Just tell her to quit asking if she can go over there because the answer is no.

december911
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Do you know her friend?
TheresaC7
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I wouldn't back down. But yeah...how does she have a facebook? 11 years old is too young. As in Facebook won't let a person even sign up at that age. In order for them to do it, they have to lie about their age. I know this because my 11 yr old wanted one and it does not allow her to do it because of her age. I would have to meet the girl's parent, too just to make sure she is getting over there and also let them know what she is and isn't allowed to do.

BrookieCookie1
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM

go with her...the thing that comes to mind is that tehre may be no supevision o no rules over there. Hey, when i was 11-12 my Bf's mom made us tequila sunrises for breakfast and let us smoke all the weed and do all the drugs we wanted....It does happen

shelleyragsdale
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 4:56 AM

I would continue to tell her that the girl needs to come to our house.  Makes me wonder what they are doing there that she doesnt want to go to herown home.I would also remind her that you read her facebook and would appreciate the rude comments end or she can stop going onto facebook...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)