Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!! Valentine Box ideas

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  • 8 Replies

My DD has to make a living creature for her valentine box. She wants to do a pony. Any ideas on how to do this easily? I am not a crafty person, so I am lost. And we didn't get a ton of notice. Just found out about this on friday. Gah!!!!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
auroragold
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM

It can't just be painted on?

If not, I'd head out to a local store and pick up a bunch of different sized boxes and a roll of duct tape!  Got wrapping paper?  Take the tubes out of the inside and use those for legs

javafreak_mommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish!! Her teacher is one that has all these ideas and makes it really complicated for the parents. She will start writing a note to send home.... by the time she finishes it, it is 5 pages long, front and back. She is a very detailed person in her thoughts, but explaining them leaves the parents confused. I think I found a simple one. Now I am on the supply hunt. Thanks!

Quoting auroragold:

It can't just be painted on?

If not, I'd head out to a local store and pick up a bunch of different sized boxes and a roll of duct tape!  Got wrapping paper?  Take the tubes out of the inside and use those for legs

psych_mom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Never heard of this before...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
javafreak_mommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I just spent $40 on supplies, so I hope this works. She had the same teacher last year, and she pulled the same thing... too bad I threw last years box away.

celticwych
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Ugh my dd teacher is the same way.  They just did a ecosystem poster that ended up costing about 30 bucks.  Its ridiculous :(.

styler7
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Wow!

Quoting javafreak_mommy:

I just spent $40 on supplies, so I hope this works. She had the same teacher last year, and she pulled the same thing... too bad I threw last years box away.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
We spent the same on my sons last project.

Quoting celticwych:

Ugh my dd teacher is the same way.  They just did a ecosystem poster that ended up costing about 30 bucks.  Its ridiculous :(.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM

That is horrible for the short notice and then amount of money you had to spend. I keep a ton of stuff for crafts in a big box, and we have a recyling bin the kids can grab stuff outta to work with as well. We just made 2 boxes outta stuff we had around the house.

horse mailbox

Here is a horse one using paper plate and a shoe box. Click the picture for directions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)