Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bedtime During Sleepovers

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 12:40 AM
  • 17 Replies
If your tween is having a sleepover do you still have them go to bed at their normal time or do you allow them to stay up? If you do let them stay up, how much longer?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vermontmoms
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
My 8yr olds are asleep by 8-8:30 every night. During their 1 sleep-over they stayed up till 11pm but talked and giggled till close 12. I made my boys nap the next day after their bff went home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cleanmoss
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 2:41 AM
2 moms liked this

my DD is 11 and when she had sleepovers I go to bed around 11pm and they still be awake, not sure what time they ever ended up going to sleep but I always put rules down when its sleep overs, they have to find that one room they plan on sleeping in and stay put, only allowed to do bathroom breaks and voice has to be low and no running around and being loud and silly much be laying down chilling with music or playing ds.

celticwych
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this

9 year old DD is usually asleep by 9pm during the week if not earlier and 10pm at the latest on the weekends if she makes it that late.  Sleep overs are special :) so there is no real time limit. We have a small house so she know's it needs to be toned down by 11.  Her sleep overs never make it that late.  They are usually out by 10.  I realize that will change as she gets older :). 

Zamaria
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
No bed time during sleepovers here! They do have to keep it down after 9pm because I have little kids too. Normal bed time is 8:30.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by Stacy on Feb. 18, 2012 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
They stay up until around 11 during sleep overs, but if they lay there and talk that's okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

It really depends. If the kids have nothing going on the next day, we'll let them stay up late (11 pm or midnight). If they do have things going on the next day, we'll make them go to bed by 10 pm.

kschlag
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Funny - my husband and I were just disagreeing over this as my DS has been to sleepovers the past two weekends for birthday parties.

I think it sort of depends - one kid staying over for the heck of it - we set a midnight bedtime.  But with multiple kids for a birthday party I'm more lenient. 

But be prepared for the grouch monster the next day or two while they catch up on sleep.  I always try for Friday nights so there is time to catch up.

T

MamaMandee
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Thanks ladies! I have no real time as when they have to sleep when having a sleepover but they need to be hanging out quietly in the room by 11PM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2012 at 9:16 PM

we have them go to their room and lay down at normal time

Wyldbutterfly
by Christine on Feb. 19, 2012 at 4:39 AM

I never had bed times during sleep overs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)