Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Fathers! Ugh!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

After watching Reel Steal my 10 year old DD wanted to build a robot. Although we don't have the knowledge or resources to build a real working robot, I gave her odds and ends of boxes, bottles, containers for her to be creative with. So DH was helping her put it together since it involved drilling some holes and hot glueing and they were having a great time together coming up with their idea.

THEN....

DH taped a paper towel tube between the robots legs as a joke. DD was so hot about it she stormed out of the room and slammed herself into her bedroom. WHY ARE MEN SO DUMB! I told him he had to take it off and go apologize to her. He totally ruined her experience. She did eventually come back and finish it. I just wish he would remove himself from 6th grade someday!

by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 19, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Some men just don't know when the proper time to have some humor is.

I live in a house of ALL boys so believe me, I have had my fair share of inappropriate humor at the inappropriate times.

I am glad she continued later and finished the robot. Got any pictures of it?

crystal.davis78
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Do they ever remove themselves from 6th grade??

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:13 AM

*giggle*

I'm glad your daughter forgave him.

psych_mom
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Men... Some never grow up. Glad that she decided to finish it. You should tell her that she has permission to beat her dad with the paper towel roll over the head the next time. It won't do any damage or hurt, but she'll fell better, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pokey-pwa
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor girl.  Glad she came back to finish it.  My DH acts the same way sometimes and I just give him this look of complete disapproval.  Not that it has changed anything.  He still makes the stupid comments...

fineyouguyswin
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Ugh I'd be so mad :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)