Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Emotional pre teen

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 7:57 PM
  • 13 Replies

My son will be 10 march 15.. and Good God has he been emotional latley.. cries over everything. like tonight he went on that I dont love him cause I raised my voice at him.. of course before that I had to play the guessing game why he is upset.. I went thru a list of things.. like are you sad cause something happend at school? No, are you sad cause your dad isnt here? No.... so he then tells me I was mean to him... I made him eat his corn and meat (he loves both of that stuff)

So is anyone elses child emotional

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Yes!  I hate to say that this is very typical, but it is.  My son is 11 and we have similar issues daily in our house.  Girls certainly don't have the market cornered on being emotional messes during puberity.

mamivon2
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:21 PM

So tonight my dh came home and worked with ds on his derby (he is scouts) so ds comes after a few min with teary eyes cause his dad wouldnt let him put a window in the car.. We cant make a window.. I mean its ridicolous

Quoting steelcrazy:

Yes!  I hate to say that this is very typical, but it is.  My son is 11 and we have similar issues daily in our house.  Girls certainly don't have the market cornered on being emotional messes during puberity.

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:24 PM

My son cried because his dad went into the bathroom, after knocking of course, to remind son that he should be finishing up with his shower.  The child was in the shower for 20 minutes at this point.  His dad ruined everything.  I'm just scratching my head at this point.

mamivon2
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I wonder if boys are more emotional then girls. My dd will be 9 march 4 and she is not really that emotional or she hasnt hit that stage yet

auroragold
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

HA!  Welcome to the roller coaster!

I had my tween DD have a hysterical breakdown crying fit once because Walmart was throwing away their garden stock (plants) at the end of the growing season.

Yes, you read that correctly!! 

onlyme28
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:32 AM
My 10 yr old dd well be 11 in April and I think I'm going to go crazy if she doesn't get out of this VERY VERY emotional stage. She has always been sensitive but man it's soo much worse now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Morrigan333
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Most definitely! My dd is 11, she thinks she knows it all, has the attittude thing going on, and generally is just a MESS!

STKsMomma
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 1:40 PM
This was totally the scene at my house last night. Dd wanted to go to a friends house (who she had just stayed there last weekend) tonight. We told her it wasn't going to work cuz saturday her brother has bb tryouts and it is my birthday and we were going to do something as a family for that and it was just to much going on but maybe next weekend. You would have thought we told her that the earth was falling off its axis! The water works started and we were so unfair and we just didn't want her to have any friends and this girl is moving (in like 6 months) and she is never going to see her again, and on and on and on

And if she had said "weeeelllll" one more time!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Ds1 has been like that for a few yrs (he'll be 13 next month), and ds2 (8) is starting in w/ it. Dd is only 6 and is already like that- I'm sooo dreading when the hormones hit her!

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I wish I knew how to deal with that. I have 3 boys and all of them have their moments. I just keep talking to them about how to deal with emotions and letting things out that bother them. I also gave them each a journal to write in if they need to do so b.c they can't talk to me or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)