Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Is your tween on any kind of medication (you dont have to answer if you dont want)

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM
  • 35 Replies

If yes do you see any difference..

My dd takes KEPPRA for seizure.. she has been seizure free for almost 2years.. will be 2 in april.. side effects... she can get very angry, moody my dh says.. PMS in a 2y old..

by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Satur9
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Concerta for adhd. Singulair for allergies and asthma a preventitive inhaler and a rescue inhaler and if I didn't see a positive difference I wouldn't give her anything =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megs424420
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Zyrtec for allergy and Ritalin for ADHD
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shonna6799
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Quoting Satur9:

Concerta for adhd. Singulair for allergies and asthma a preventitive inhaler and a rescue inhaler

DannieLou
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM

My oldest takes Adderol for ADHD and it can make her a little moody...or its the hormones...she's 12 lol

psych_mom
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM

My oldest takes Intuniv for ODD and has to use Advair for asthma. We will be starting up allergy meds very soon.

Satur9
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM
We recently switched from adderal to concerta because she would get sooo moddy when it wore off!

Quoting DannieLou:

My oldest takes Adderol for ADHD and it can make her a little moody...or its the hormones...she's 12 lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM
vyvance(add) nortriptalyne (migraine preventative) and clonodine(insomnia) the add and insomnia are not connected. But when you find out your child took SIX melatonin in an effort toget rest, you WILL find yourself at the dr. for a safer alternative. One can OD on something "natural" just as they can anything else
DannieLou
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Hmmm...not entirely sure its the meds, but maybe I'll bring it up next time.

Quoting Satur9:

We recently switched from adderal to concerta because she would get sooo moddy when it wore off!

Quoting DannieLou:

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM

My son is not on any medication regularly.

angziety
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Hmm.. I was considering nortriptyline for my MAV (migraine associated vertigo) and I also have insomnia.  Never heard of clonidine for insomnia.  Will have to look into it!  :) 

And, yes, I agree about the melatonin.  They sell them in 5 mg tablets but it isn't recommended to take more than 3 mg a day.  Melatonin is one of those sleep aids that if you take more than you should, you actually make things worse.  (I've been tried on sooooooooo many sleep meds..)

Quoting hollydaze1974:

vyvance(add) nortriptalyne (migraine preventative) and clonodine(insomnia) the add and insomnia are not connected. But when you find out your child took SIX melatonin in an effort toget rest, you WILL find yourself at the dr. for a safer alternative. One can OD on something "natural" just as they can anything else

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)