Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

at what age did you stop having "goodie bags" for birthday partys?

For me growing up we always had family bday partys the only kids that came were cousins so my mom never did goodie bags.

My SD is turning 12 this month and wants to have a bday party with friends which is fine shes been living with us for 3yrs and each year we try to do something diff. for her. The 1st yr was a slumber party with all kinds of goodies etc. Last yr was a combo family / friend party and they did karokoe / dress up and we had goodie bags. This year we are doing another combo party and she wants Luau theme but with the past 2 yrs all the goodie bag stuff was left all over the house i dont think anyone took the "toys" they only took the candy. I think if im doing a bunch of food and cake shouldnt that be enough? Plus we are on a very tight budget this year.

Also any ideas on homemade decorations/food for Luau theme

Thanks

by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Replies (11-11):
fineyouguyswin
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Ours usually has some pretty good items for the theme :O)

Quoting Morrigan333:

The Dollar Tree store usually has Luau style decorations. Also you could get a beige or green plastic tablecloth(think dollar store one) unfold it, then fold it it half lengthwise and cut slits up to about 2 inches or so to the folded edge. Then simply tape them around the walls to make then like Hula skirting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN