Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In my other post about holidays and religions, quite a few of you have talked about being a Pagan.  I've definitely have heard of it before and all of you have reminded me that holidays and traditions pre-date Christianity and started with Paganism.

I have to say that I'd like to hear more about what that means to you?  Do you go to a church?  Do you do anything within your family? 

Though I'm an atheist, I still have a curiosity of religions and consider myself to be pretty spiritual. 

by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Replies (41-42):
littlepinkrose
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I already said I was wrong.  I still believe in Christ I know my religion not others.  I'm glad you could educate me but please do not insult.  You can be right without being mean. It was a misinformed judgement because I love God.  Oh well if someone goes to Christ because of me then I will be happy.   If you hate Christians because of me then I did not do my job. End of story.

Quoting Stephy187:

I hate when I here comments like this! It is a well documented fact that in A.D. 325 the Council of Nicea determined when and how Easter would be celebrated choosing to observe the ritual at the same time as the festival of Astarte to ensure that the pagan tribes being conquered by the Romans would be more inclined to accept the faith of the Romans by allowing them to hold their celebrations at the same time, as long as it was in the Roman god's name instead of the pagan gods. This article quotes respected Christian historians as well as Brittanica if you don't believe me...www.ucg.org/doctrinal-beliefs/what-are-real-origins-easter/   I have studied several religions including Christianity, of which I was strictly raised and I have respect for all of them. I do not judge others for their choices because it is not my place, but I do not like seeing anyone accusing someone of being misguided when I know they only believe what they hear instead of researching the matter for themselves. I hope I have not overstepped any boundaries with this post, my only agenda is to provide a little education about your religion, because I'm sorry to say you are sadly misinformed.

Quoting littlepinkrose:

Sorry but Easter and Christmas were started because of Christ not before him.  And yes Pagans made up there own holidays about it.  Of course you would lose respect for all other religions that's what it is about.  I am not about to forsake Jesus Christ for some misguided people who think they created the world. 

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I am so glad someone else made this post. I was also curious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)