Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Summer............

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM
  • 13 Replies

It may only be April but no doubt many of you have either started to look at summer camp or are already enrolled.

Do your children attend a summer camp?

Day? Overnight?

What do they like/dislike?

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM
My oldest is going to 4-H summer camp for the 1st time this year. I've heard that it is a fantastic camp and they learn a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minimo77
by Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM

They are doing a drama/arts camp( day camp) And I may put them in swimming lessons. Besides that our summer is open to anything, we will be camping alot, and going to the beach pretty much everyday!( we live near the ocean and several lakes)

styler7
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM
We are looking into a camp that the our installation offers. It's 4 nights, 5 days. They've never been to one that long but they are at the age now where I won't worry as much ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:14 AM

My kids are too old for it now but never did when they were younger.

auroragold
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM

This will be the first year DD does camp --period.  It'll only be day camp for this year

wakymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Ds1 goes to overnight Boy Scout camp for a week. Ds2 goes to Cub Scout day camp for a week. Dd will go to Girl Scout day camp for the first time this yr.

The boys aren't crazy about the getting-up-early part, but they have fun once up and going : )  I think dd will be the same way b/c we are not a morning type family : )

Rogue35
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:52 PM
No my kids don't do summer camp.
Strega
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM

We've mentioned it to our Kids here and there. Neither of them are interested just yet. We'll see if they change their minds in a year or two.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

hriabywx4
by Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:23 PM
My oldest doesnt have time for camp! Last summer he was home 2 weeks out of the summer! He was either with his bio dad, my dad or my mom. My 2 step sons spend half the summer with us and half with mom. We just do a bunch of stuff with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM

My son is doing an overnight hockey camp for a week.

He doesn't have too much scheduled during the day for summer. For six weeks, he'll have an hour of tennis each day. For three weeks, he'll have 90 minutes of hockey in the afternoon on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

All his other summer activities will be in the evenings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)