Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

How is your....

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:29 PM
  • 10 Replies
Dh/SO handling the tween experiance?

My dh is not handling it to well. He doesn't understand why dd goes from (in his words) crying to bitchmode in .5 seconds! And he is at wits end with the attitude! Granted he is a SAHD do to army disability so he has to deal with it 50% more then I do, cause I work full time, but still!

So how are your guys doing? What is working for them to stay sane, or do they not even seem to notice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:32 PM
My sons and my husband are actually bonding more. They are into things now that he's always been interested in. Not sure how it'll be in a couple of years when his baby girl is a tween and is going through it all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DannieLou
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Mine is going crazy! She is so moody and snappy. She's been getting a bit better about it but he's ready to run screaming from the house some days lol

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Mine had gotten really good at walking on eggshells. lol  You never know when what you will say is going to set my son off, so we tread lightly around here.  My husband has also learned to pick his battles and to walk away most of the time because it isn't worth the drama/fighting to try to talk to the child.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:35 PM

So far, so good, but he's also only had to deal w/ boys at this stage. I think he's already bracing for whiplash when dd hits it.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Since I have all boys, he is handling it rather well.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

My sons and my husband are actually bonding more. They are into things now that he's always been interested in. Not sure how it'll be in a couple of years when his baby girl is a tween and is going through it all.

Kinda the same here.

Wyldbutterfly
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM

My DH is full of patience. Always has been. I wish I had half the patience he does. We seem to balance each other out.

bookworm14
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Well, its his bio son we're dealing with, my SS. My BF is pretty much just as frustrated as I am! There's a lot of attitude that we're trying to get past. And my BF is doing good about not giving in, just cuz the kid throws a fit.

Last night, both kids spoke up and said they wanted the last pancake at dinner. So BF uses his fork & cuts it in half. The boy throws a fit, saying its gross he used his fork and didn't want it now. So fine, BF gives half to SD and takes the other half. SS threw a fit, about in tears because he wanted it. Well, my BF figured the kid didn't want it so he was gonna eat it! He even told the kid that, asked him flat out, you didn't want it. How was he to know the kid was just being sarcastic but really did!?

Ahh, such a fun house. 11yr old boy being so emotional, with a 7yr old girl to follow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Strega
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM
He's doing better than I thought he would. But, he has gotten even more protective of her and has problems with some of the things she likes to wear. It's cute though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM

My husband has all the patience. I'm jealous :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)