Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Do you live in the town in which you were raised?

Do you live NEAR it?

If neither - when's the last time you were there?

by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
Barabell
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I don't live near either of my hometowns, and I haven't been to either for around 7 years.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Neither. I was back where I spent the 1st 9 yrs of my life last summer. Haven't been back to where I spent the next 4 yrs since '96. I was back where I went to h.s. about 4 yrs ago.

mommy29x3
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:23 PM

We moved 4 hours away right after high school . We visit at least twice a year since both of our families are still there for the most part .

Stephy187
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Last year I moved back close to home, I was lving about 45 minutes away, now I live 10 minutes from the house I grew up in and my dad's new house. My ds is going to the same middle school I went to and his principal at the beginning of the year was my assistant principal in high school. he even told my son that he was not expecting another member of my family to come through there but that he was going to make sure to keep an eye on him (me and my brother's gave him a hard time!)

Zamaria
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:57 AM
I live about ten miles from where I grew up. I grew up in a really small town and live in an even smaller town! Nothing has changed much in the town where I grew up. A few new houses, a new business or two, but that's about it. Time moves more slowly in small towns I think! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommatothree01
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I grew up in northern ME.  I live nowhere near it, we currently live in OK.  I lived there(ME) until I was 18, dh joined the military shortly after we married when I was 20 and we've never lived near there again.  My brothers and mom still live in the area, but I haven't been home in 6 yrs due to my 6 yr old ds' health issues.  We're finally going home this summer though, if all goes well.  

M4LG5
by Valeri on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Quoting auroragold:

I don't live anywhere near the TWO places I call my "hometowns".  I haven't been to California for......20+ years now. The other is 3 hours away and I haven't been there for about a year

Where at from California are you from?

M4LG5
by Valeri on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I grew up in the S. Bay Area in California.  I loved it.  I was there until I was 30 years old (I'm 36 now).  I miss it but it is sooooo expensive.  I moved 2 hours away to Sacramento because I was dating my now husband and I wanted to be closer to him and my sisters.

auroragold
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting auroragold:

I don't live anywhere near the TWO places I call my "hometowns".  I haven't been to California for......20+ years now. The other is 3 hours away and I haven't been there for about a year

Where at from California are you from?

SoCal - Pasadena area

Cindy18
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I went to elementary school here but moved when I started junior high. I consider Ann Arbor my hometown. I'm about 30 minutes away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN