Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

as of march 29, we are officially in the tween stage!

Posted by   + Show Post
Any good pointers as we now embark on that most awesome of times?
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Replies (11-15):
mariC67
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Just remember that this too shall pass, right on into the teen years where all the drama of the tweens will seem like the good ol' days.

Seriously, just remember its a phase every child goes through and its all apart of them growing up into independant adults. Just be consistant with clear rules and consequences, its a tough time for them but being wishy washy at home only adds to the confusion they are feeling with all the hormones and physical changes they are going through.

TheresaC7
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I think our DDs were born with tween attitudes. My oldest is 12, so she IS one, but my 19 month old is CRAZY tween already! MY DS is 13 and his tween attitude is completely different than my DD's. He's more hermit crab and my DD is more rowdy.

styler7
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM
I just keep praying for that fast forward button. I heard when your kids hit the 20's it's smooth sailing...lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattdawnt
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM

My son just turned 11 two weeks ago. Haven't seen to much change in him really. He does get angry easy. But he still is very affectionate. I think that may just be his nature. Any suggestions on helping him cope with his anger? Thanks.

Dawngardening

momma0ffive
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM

i hav e2 tweens.......... attitude, mood swings and more attitude..... as pp said. 

Quoting steelcrazy:

You stole my answer.  I have 6 months to go until my youngest is actually a tween, but I'm well into the tween fun with my oldest.

Quoting psych_mom:

Technically it is between the ages of 9 and 12.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

What IS the official age of a tween?

Pointers, hmm...Be prepared for attitude. Mood swings. Attitude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN