Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Getting High On Hand Sanitizer

Posted by   + Show Post

I saw this this morning on GMA and was floored !! have you heard of this? Getting High on H and Sanitizer??? They mix the Hand Sanitizer with salt , it breaks down to alcolhol and they then filter it and then they have 65proof alcolhol !!!!! where do they come up with this crap?????

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Replies (11-16):
gal409
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Yeah , I saw it on GMA this morning and they showed how to do it !!!!

Quoting styler7:

I didn't know about the filtering of it but a few years ago when my husband was a drill sergeant, every new cycle of basic training had privates getting caught being drunk on the sanitizer. ...And they were adults!

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Yes, I have heard of it. And I have spoken to my boys about it and the dangers of other things that are floating around.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Quoting vermontmoms:

I know elem kids have been hospitalized from using it and licking it. It is full of alcohol; personally I think it should be banned in elem schools. I think it has ruined kids hygeine; they no longer know how to wash hands properly b/c they think a squirt is all they need. If you are ever in an elem school watch them apply the hand san.; they squirt on the palm and never get the finger tips which is what spreads germs.

I am in agreement. When my boys were in prek and kinder. the teachers would squirt it on their hands as they were going to lunch, INSTEAD of making them wash with soap and water in the restroom before hitting the lunch room. My boys would ask to walk to the restroom and wash their hands really good.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

This is why you have to keep on open dialoge with your children about what is going on at school and also what you hear on the news and news like shows (GMA, 20/20, etc).  Every generation of kids finds some crazy thing that they either sniff or ingest to get a high off of it, so this really is not a new trend in the least, just a new product that they are using.

Very true and I couldn;t agree more about keeping an open dialogue with the kids. And who knew you kept up on the news and stuff living under your rock, lol.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Quoting styler7:

I didn't know about the filtering of it but a few years ago when my husband was a drill sergeant, every new cycle of basic training had privates getting caught being drunk on the sanitizer. ...And they were adults!

Wow, that is crazy.

chloesmommy777
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM

That is truly sad! I don't like hand sanitizers for other reasons, but this takes the cake. *sigh*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)