Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you buy your 12 year old daughter bras from Victoria Secret?

My oldest daughter came home from school today and we were having our before dinner talk. We talk about the day and what went on and such. Then she says mom can you believe that "Sally" buys her bras at VS? Well then she said her mother buys them for her. Now I know this girl very well and 1st off she is not really developed. I told my daughter that I was not going to buy her bras at VS as I think that she is too young for that.

What are your thought?

Thanks

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
Cindy18
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:58 PM

My thoughts exactly!

Quoting auroragold:

no - I wouldn't. Not because they're "inappropriate" but because they're way too expensive for a girl with a developing bust

Cindy

fineyouguyswin
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:29 PM

They have some very nice bras I would nothing skanky just nice plain ones.

steelcrazy
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't have a problem with bras from VS and like another poster said, they have the "Pink" line that is geared towards teens.  We don't think twice about buying our teens clothing at places like Ambercrombie and Hollister, so I don't see why designer bras and panties should be an issue.  As far as 12 year olds not being developed enough to warrent a VS bra, my cousin's 11 year old daugher is a C cup.  So she certainly needs a bra.

For me it is one of those things that isn't really something to get worked up over.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I wouldn't think twice about buying my neices something from there. It's just another place to buy bras and panties. They have all sorts of styles.

iceprincess214
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:56 AM
I don't even buy MY bras at VS! Way too much $$ if you ask me!!!
tiredmama42
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:20 AM

No.  If I was rolling in dough maybe but I think its a treat when I get one.  55.00 per bra for a 12 year old is alot. 

CannonMom
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Why not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nebcutie
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:31 AM
I would and will when my dd is ready. They fit well and i love them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TS2
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Bras are bras.  Some of the ones I've seen at Walmart are too riske for a 12 year old.  VS is too expensive for underdeveloped breasts though IMO

heyma4
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't simply because they're more expensive than I am willing to pay. My girls bra's come from walmart, 2 for $10. Or if I can get out to traders village I can get 10 for $5 from one of the vendors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)