Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Would you buy your 12 year old daughter bras from Victoria Secret?

My oldest daughter came home from school today and we were having our before dinner talk. We talk about the day and what went on and such. Then she says mom can you believe that "Sally" buys her bras at VS? Well then she said her mother buys them for her. Now I know this girl very well and 1st off she is not really developed. I told my daughter that I was not going to buy her bras at VS as I think that she is too young for that.

What are your thought?

Thanks

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Replies (41-50):
_Mrs.H_
by New Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I like their bras so I would consider buying my daughter's from there when the time comes.

fairy_fan
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM

The bras that come from VS are not any different than the ones I buy for my DD at Rue21, except for the price.  I wish I could wear cutesy little bras like that but they don't come in my size.  

rancharobeans
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

sure yeah. They have good quality bras. If you are old enough to wear a bra you are old enough to shop at VS imo. 

Livinggrey
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
We dont shop there as a rule because it's meant for women and older teens. The image the clothing in the pink section displays is not one that I'm comfortable putting onto my 12 year old. It's all mid drifts, boobs, and buttcracks. She's too young for that yet. That said, there are girls in school wearing things from there, but then again, their buttcracks are hanging out too. There's also a girl who went home embarrassed and with a call to mom about the sheer black thong she was wearing in the locker room. Not really appropriate attire for such a place. I just think that taking them there encourages things they aren't ready for and things they don't know how to place properly. The poor thong girl didn't see an issue with her panties because mom bought them for her, but an older girl would have known that see through isn't ok for the locker room. Tis stage is confusing enough without adding clothing they aren't quite ready for into the mix. There's nothing wrong with them being innocent a bit longer. The vs image is all about sex and physical image. Not something I want to encourage my daughter to obsess over. And I'll just add too that the quality of vs has dropped off horribly through the years. I was a hardcore believer, but now I don't even bother. If I'm going to pay a price like that the thing better hold up a bit better IMO.
momx7
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM
This! It kinda pisses me off that I have a hard time finding bras that aren't padded for a 12 year old!!! That to me is so inappropriate! And there is not a snowballs chance in hell I would pay that much!!

Quoting JennasMom2:

Truthfully, I'm starting to see push-up bra's for young girls everywhere! Its disgusting to me! What is the message there?  I wouldn't purchase from VS for my DD unless I found a really good one at a great price. Usually at the semi-annual sale they have good ones marked down, otherwise I think they are overpriced. I see a lot of girls wearing the "pink" collection from there. I can see your point though, VS is the place young girls should not be "looking up" to. Places like that are what causes self-esteem issues in girls, they flaunt perfection, and thats not the norm. Its all about the label these days.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:01 PM
I do, on occasion. I have a friend who sends dd gcards from VS every now and then. Not all of their bras are sexy or slutty. Plus they carry UCLA attire, and that's Lexie's dream school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess0915
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM
My dd likes that line. She has some of the panties and a couple bras. They're cotton blends, not even lacy or anything. Just so expensive, I only get them if there's a good sale.

Quoting KristinawithaK:

VS has their "Pink" line, which is geared towards younger girls.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess0915
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Oh, I'll also add, I don't take my dd to VS, I buy for her and usually give the items as gifts. I don't even take her to the lotion side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pittiesmom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

No way, I'm sorry but until they put their own money into buying the fancy stuff they'll have to settle for Walmart. Kids are not notorious for taking care of things, especially clothes.

KittenKrump
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Being a big busted woman, I don't see the cute and frillies of VS, all I see are the huge beige ones so I see no preblem because I know they have modest ones. But if you can't afford it, give VS the finger and go to WalMart. Especially if your daughter's not "big".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)