Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Would you buy your 12 year old daughter bras from Victoria Secret?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM
  • 93 Replies

My oldest daughter came home from school today and we were having our before dinner talk. We talk about the day and what went on and such. Then she says mom can you believe that "Sally" buys her bras at VS? Well then she said her mother buys them for her. Now I know this girl very well and 1st off she is not really developed. I told my daughter that I was not going to buy her bras at VS as I think that she is too young for that.

What are your thought?

Thanks

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom22tumblebugs
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Victoria's secret is just another place to buy bras. Not every bra is "risque" or has to be bought at Kohls or Target. If her mom want to spend that much extra for a bra, hopefully a correctly fitting bra, then to each their own.

clynn79
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM
I buy my 14 year old bra's and other things there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, as much as I loathe little girls clothing. I would think that one could get some decent looking bras that are not over the top ridiculous from VS. I personally don't shop there as my breasts are too big for any darn bra in that place!

KristinawithaK
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:58 PM
4 moms liked this

VS has their "Pink" line, which is geared towards younger girls.

yogamom16
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I dont see a problem with it unless she is buying padded push up bras for her.  Then it might be a little weird.

hddcooper
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:01 PM
If we found one that fit good and she liked then yes I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auroragold
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM
7 moms liked this

no - I wouldn't. Not because they're "inappropriate" but because they're way too expensive for a girl with a developing bust

Zamaria
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
No, they're way too expensive. For a young girl that doesn't have large breasts, I'd buy from walmart. If/when her chest got larger, there's a custom bra shop that will make you a bra fitted exactly to your needs for around the same price as VS. You pick your own style, fabric, color, trim, etc. and they are really good quality. No way would I pay that much for a mass produced bra that will fall apart and loose its elasticity much more quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't even buy my bras at VS so I'm definitely not buying my dd's there when she is a teenager. Plus I don't think most of their stuff is appropriate for younger girls. They don't carry all of their products at my local store though so I am not sure of what all they have to offer.

momto3infl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM
2 moms liked this

If they fit my dd and she liked them I might get a her a couple of clearance.  I get some really nice and fancy ones at Khol's for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN