Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Everyone disagrees with me.

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM
  • 339 Replies
3 moms liked this

My daughter Kaylee is 12 years old & dating a guy. To me, I think it's fine. All she does is hang out with him & do fun stuff together. My husband is so & so about it. He thinks she should be spending more time with friends then a boyfriend, which she already does! So, I talked to some of Kay's friend's moms to see what they think of her dating. They all disagreed. What's so bad about it? Why are people disagreeing with me? Post what you think, thanks. :)

Momma of 4 girls & expecting baby #5!!girl giving flowerpregnant belly

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
akgrear
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Do they spend time alone together?

mommaof4girlys
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Quoting akgrear:

Yes.

psych_mom
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:00 PM
8 moms liked this

I disagree as well. My 11 yo has a girlfriend but he can only talk to her on the phone and see her at school. If they were to see each other outside of school they would not be allowed to be alone.

akgrear
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:06 PM
21 moms liked this

Quoting mommaof4girlys:

Quoting akgrear:

Yes.

Then I disagree as well. They are too young and immature to be alone together and make responsible decisions on what they should and should not do.

mommaof4girlys
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Quoting akgrear:

Quoting mommaof4girlys:

Quoting akgrear:

Yes.

Then I disagree as well. They are too young and immature to be alone together and make responsible decisions on what they should and should not do.

Well, not alone alone. Like, i'm with them but, they go somewhere alone. Get it?

akgrear
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:29 PM
19 moms liked this

Quoting mommaof4girlys:

Quoting akgrear:

Quoting mommaof4girlys:

Quoting akgrear:

Yes.

Well, not alone alone. Like, i'm with them but, they go somewhere alone. Get it?

If they weren't in my eyesight that is too alone for me.

Racer15
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

12 is too young for stuff like that.  My mom let my brother have a girlfriend at 14 although she wasn't happy about it.  Apparently her parents let them go off together for bits of time...yeaaaaah, he confessed to me a few months ago that they had sex.  Kid lost his virginity at 14, lucky he didn't knock her up.  No child of mine is doing that kind of thing till they are at least 15.

Goodwoman614
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:42 AM
32 moms liked this
Holy f* ck. Get ready to be gramma.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:02 AM
I had a boyfriend when I was 12 but we were not allowed to be home alone. in fact, he was my first love and my 1st....age 15. Young for sure but I'm glad it was him then any other person. I did wish we waited a little longer. We would go to the amusement park together and each others games....he played baseball and I played softball.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jacqalyn
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:07 AM
11 moms liked this

Having a boyfriend and dateing are two different things to me. My girls are allowed to have a boyfriend, but they can only see them at school and talk to them on the phone but that is as far as it goes. They defiantly would not be allowed to spend time alone with them either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)