Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

How Would You Have Responded?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:32 PM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this

Half-Naked Intruder in 12-Year-Old's Bedroom Is Lucky to Be Alive

Posted by Jeanne Sager

justiceHero alert! When an intruder broke down the front door of a house in Washington State, pulled down his pants, and climbed into bed with a 12-year-old girl, the girl's dad grabbed his gun. And he proceeded to hold the creep at gunpoint while his wife called the cops. 

The family's nightmare ended when the cops showed up two minutes later and booked Kevin Niel Hawkins on charges of attempted child rape and burglary. It's a good lesson for vigilantes everywhere.

You have the right to protect yourself and your own. Do any more than that, and you lower yourself to their level. And it's just not worth it.

As little Alexis Reimers' mom Emily Kiely told TV crews who showed up to tell their horror story, it could have ended a lot worse if her husband had gone further:

Thank God my husband didn't shoot him -- otherwise that would have been a whole other story. But I'm glad we did have something to defend ourselves and glad my daughter is safe.

Her words marked a turning point in the newscast for me. Here I was, shaking with anger on her family's behalf, on behalf of that poor little girl. I wanted to do terrible, awful things to the kind of man who would hurt a child.

This guy made one of the biggest mistakes a guy can make: threatening a young girl when her daddy was there to protect her. But the way Alexis' dad handled the whole thing gives me chills. He was a hero under pressure, and he did exactly what every other person facing a criminal should. He defended his family, and nothing more. He left the real work for the criminal justice system.

His restraint saved his family. By neutralizing the threat against his family without using force, he saved them the agony of having to watch him become a criminal. They didn't have to see him booked and carted off to jail too. Can you imagine how hard that would have been for that kid? Here she is the victim of a trauma, and then on top of it, she'd have to lose her rock, the daddy who came to her rescue?

I think it's pretty safe to say that's a horror this kid could live without. And thanks to her pretty awesome dad, she can! He made certain the only criminal in that house is now in the big house.

What would you have done in this man's situation?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Rogue35
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Most likely with violence. That would be a terrible situation to deal with.
cleanmoss
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I would hope to god my dogs would shred this man into pieces and bite off his hing wang off, so he suffers a long painful ordeal until the police would come and then explain to them what happened and have to live with it for ever, I may even grab the bat my husband keeps in the bedroom and lay a good one on him then he will think second thought ever attempting to do this to any one ever again. I don't care what it takes to protect the ones I love.

auroragold
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:50 PM

If he was neutralized - I agree to not go further (no matter how very tempting)

M4LG5
by Valeri on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Quoting Rogue35:

Most likely with violence. That would be a terrible situation to deal with.

I don't own a gun but I would probably get a little violent too.

fineyouguyswin
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:51 PM

The same way I'm sure!

Brookesmom2012
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:54 PM

wow thank god 

psych_mom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I would hope to react without hurting him permanently. I do live in a state where you are by law suppose to be able to get away with injurying someone if they break into your home and you have to protect yourself or your family, but I would prefer to not have to test it and see how it actually holds up in a court.

bhow
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I can honestly say my husband is composed enough to do just what this man did but, being of victim of rape I would have beat the SOB with the pistol. I really don't think I would shoot one because if they die they don't get their punishment in jail.  And I would have been arrested for assault where the perp would get pity for being so badly beaten.  

vlester
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I would have shot him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN