Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Oy!! He is a grandpa.....and he is my age!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
  • 377 Replies

My cousin, who is my age, got his girlfriend pregnant in high school.  I want to say he was 14 or 15 years old.  Well....now his own daughter just had a baby.   I can't believe he is a grandpa.  We are 36 years old.  CRAZY!!!!

I just hope that I'm not a grandmother until I'm at least 55 years old. 

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM

bump

mom22tumblebugs
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM
61 moms liked this

At least grandpa will be around for a LOOONG time to come to have fun with his grandkids. And have the energy to be the coolest grandpa around.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:44 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

At least grandpa will be around for a LOOONG time to come to have fun with his grandkids. And have the energy to be the coolest grandpa around.

I don't know how much energy he will have since his wife is having a baby any day now too. hahaha.

mom22tumblebugs
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

I don't know how much energy he will have since his wife is having a baby any day now too. hahaha.

LOL- He will be a tired grandpa.  That is pretty funny having a grandchild and child close in age.

Mommy4000
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this

My husband is going to be a Grandpa at 41. And his ex a Grandma at 33. I think it's a little gross that I'm going to be married to a Grandpa when my own kids are not even close to being old enough to make me a Grandma, but I guess that's just what happens when you marry an old man lol.

jujubear1
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM
5 moms liked this

I've told my SS that  he better not make me a grandma before I'm at least 40! He said, But I'll be 22!  I said, I know.  And if you want to wait even longer, that's fine too.  :)

fineyouguyswin
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Holy cow :/ although technically I could be a grandma at that age I Better not be! but my son would be 16 and I was 19 when I had him almost 20

styler7
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:54 PM
6 moms liked this

Oh boy....I can definitely WAIT for the day someone calls me grandma...lol

emt088
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:02 PM

My daughters grandmother (not my mother, but a close relative who took the title) is only 44. She had her son at19 or 20 I believe, and her son had a child at 21 and 24 then I had my DD at 23, so she has three grandchildren at a relatively young age- but its not as if all of us were having babies at 14 to do so

psych_mom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:05 PM
6 moms liked this

I have encouraged my kids to wait until they are in their mid-late 20s to start having kids. I really hope they listen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)