Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Oy!! He is a grandpa.....and he is my age!

Posted by   + Show Post

My cousin, who is my age, got his girlfriend pregnant in high school.  I want to say he was 14 or 15 years old.  Well....now his own daughter just had a baby.   I can't believe he is a grandpa.  We are 36 years old.  CRAZY!!!!

I just hope that I'm not a grandmother until I'm at least 55 years old. 

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Replies (251-260):
StarburstKisses
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:19 PM

for me to be a grandma at 36 my DD would have to have a baby at 18.

ayla91
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:21 PM

my daughter is almost 3 and my parents just turned 40 this year.

emy2010
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:22 PM
My mom was 39 when my sister had her daughter!
Tanalove
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I think thats just wrong, babies should not be having babies! Parents need to talk to their kids more and monitor what they are doing, instead of just letting kids go anywhere and do anything they want. Kids should be worrying about school instead of changing diapers and feeding an infant. My own mother was 16 when she had me and I vowed I would not be a pregnant teenager and I did have kids until I was in my 20's. My mom never really grew up and she wasnt a very good mother. At that age kids are not mature enough to handle the stress of a baby and the baby is the victim.

mumuv5
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM
I became a Grandmother at the age of 38. It's what happens when your a teen Mom. Because I was young it gives me the chance to enjoy my Grandchildren (6).
FREAKO18
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

My mother was a grandmother at 36 but she had me when she was 16 so she was young to begin with. I was just a couple weeks shy of 20 when I had my daughter.

Jennyanne322
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:30 PM
So his daughter is 21 and a mom and this is still weird? I would rather be a young grandma, then an old one that can't be a fun grandma.
grannynd
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a Granny at 34 and loved it. We still had the energy and patience to really enjoy all of the grandbabies!!! We are still young enough to enjoy the adults they are becoming.

momof2grls1711
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I was told by my mom and dad they had to be 40 or older when I had my first.... Well needless to say I was pregnant before my mom turned 40 but had the baby after she was 40 and I had just turned 20 13 days before she was born. My dad well he was in his 40's already!!!! I listened some what andmy step dad and stepmom were both under 40 still when I had my first. Also when I hadmyfirst I had a almost 4 year old sister

baby girl

Emily May                            Alyssa Marie             Randi Amy Lynn

09/11/05                              04/17/04                     08/10/11

aimers6
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM
I hope I am. I will be by 40. I will have 3 kids over 18. I had my oldest when I was 16 my MIL was 33. Her mom was 36 and my husband's dad's mom was 32 when she became a gma.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)