Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oy!! He is a grandpa.....and he is my age!

Posted by   + Show Post

My cousin, who is my age, got his girlfriend pregnant in high school.  I want to say he was 14 or 15 years old.  Well....now his own daughter just had a baby.   I can't believe he is a grandpa.  We are 36 years old.  CRAZY!!!!

I just hope that I'm not a grandmother until I'm at least 55 years old. 

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Replies (361-370):
bbkimberly
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm with you sister!!

Quoting Tanalove:

I think thats just wrong, babies should not be having babies! Parents need to talk to their kids more and monitor what they are doing, instead of just letting kids go anywhere and do anything they want. Kids should be worrying about school instead of changing diapers and feeding an infant. My own mother was 16 when she had me and I vowed I would not be a pregnant teenager and I did have kids until I was in my 20's. My mom never really grew up and she wasnt a very good mother. At that age kids are not mature enough to handle the stress of a baby and the baby is the victim.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen1130
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:46 AM
DH and I were talking about that little girl in Colombia who just had a baby at 10 & not unheard of in the tribe they are in. So that being said a young women of 20 could be a grandma and a great grandma at 30!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaRamma
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM

One of my Aunts had a daughter at 16 and her daughter did the same! Can you say Grandma at 32!!!??? Crazy! I'll still be having my own kids at 32!

KG34
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM

My cousin is 34 and recently became a grandmother. She was 17 when she had her daughter and now that daughter is 17 and just had a baby. My husband is 43 and his daughter has 3 kids!

CassSpade
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM

If my son has a child at age 20, I'll be a grandmother at 38 :)

hfs1998
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Good for them but I would never want that.  I had my first at 28 and just had my fifth at 39.  I can't think of myself as a grandma at ALL!  I think if you keep up with your health, you don't have to worry about "enjoying" your grandkids.  My FIL was 42 when my DH was born and he has a blast with our kids and gets around just fine.  My grandmother will be 80 this month and babysits for me all the time - she is the only one who loves to take our very active 3 yr ds.  Everyone else thinks he is too active!

M4LG5
by Valeri on May. 4, 2012 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting hfs1998:

Good for them but I would never want that.  I had my first at 28 and just had my fifth at 39.  I can't think of myself as a grandma at ALL!  I think if you keep up with your health, you don't have to worry about "enjoying" your grandkids.  My FIL was 42 when my DH was born and he has a blast with our kids and gets around just fine.  My grandmother will be 80 this month and babysits for me all the time - she is the only one who loves to take our very active 3 yr ds.  Everyone else thinks he is too active!

I agree.  i don't think age and energy is always the same thing.  My mom is turning 60 and that woman doesn't slow down!!  She is WAY more active than I am....I have to admit!

BeccaL22
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM

My mom became a grandma at 41,thats still pretty young

lilmisfit
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

My son would be 15 by the times I am 36. I had him at 21. I better not be a grandma at that age...

mammajigglypuff
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Age is no gauruntee to how long he'll be around to play with his Grandkids.

My Mother died at 28 and brother at 17 so they never got to meet my Son or Nieces

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

At least grandpa will be around for a LOOONG time to come to have fun with his grandkids. And have the energy to be the coolest grandpa around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)